Square Enix showed off new gameplay and detailed some new features in Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Featured above, you can view a new an extended gameplay trailer for the game.
Based on gameplay and what was said, here is what we have learned:
- The first episode shall focus on the events within Midgar, “expanding and retelling the original”. There is the equivalent of two BluRays worth of content.
- While the player can hack away with basic attacks, an ATB bar will fill up over time. This bar will fill faster when hitting enemies. Once the bar is full, the action freezes and enters Tactical Mode. Players can then select abilities, spells or items to use. Commands can be assigned to shortcuts.
- Players can switch between what character they are using with “a single button press”. While other party members are AI controlled while you are not controlling them, they only use their ATB based skills when you instruct them to.
- Enemies can become staggered with repeated and powerful strikes. There is a meter to indicate how close this is to happening.
- The game’s first boss was shown off. The boss now has the ability to place a force-field around it self. It is also more mobile, albeit in cutscenes- crawling along the walls and leaping around the battlefield. The boss music also seems to get more tense and changes over time as the boss was more destroyed- we cannot confirm this however.
- We also got to see how Tifa Lockheart looked. We will provide a trailer as soon as we are able.
Here’s a bunch of new screenshots and character artwork:
Available over on the Square Enix Store, a “1st Class Edition” collector’s edition was confirmed for the game:
The 1st Class Edition will set you back $329, and it includes:
- FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE game
- Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife & Hardy Daytona
- Cactuar Summon Materia DLC
- Carbuncle Summon Materia DLC
Final Fantasy VII Remake launches worldwide March 3rd 2020 for PlayStation 4.