This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Gladiabots, a programming strategy game by GFX47 and WhisperGames that just left Early Access.
Gladiabots is a strategy game about assembling and programming a squad of killer robots to decimate enemy forces in an arena. The game features a simple but robust programming system that allows you to set the AI and tactics of each robot in your squad.
Once you’ve got a strategy ready, test it out in the arena against bots and other players. Gladiabots features a single player campaign, online multiplayer (including asynchronous multiplayer) and even has a system for setting up online tournaments. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Gladiabots is available on Windows PC via Steam for $14.99, and there’s a 20% launch discount until the 29th.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Gladiabots is a robot combat strategy game in which you carefully construct the AI of your robot squad and send them into the battle arena. Improve, refine and repeat until you outsmart all your opponents and friends online.
- Create your own AI and watch your robots execute it in the arena
- Fix it, improve it and repeat it until you outsmart all your opponents
- Simple and powerful AI programming system offering millions of possible combinations (with no programming skills required)
- Create and customize your robot crew
- Single player campaign with hundreds of solo missions
- Online multiplayer career mode featuring, ranked, unranked and private matches
- 3 distinctly different game modes: elimination, domination and collection
- Create and compete in tournaments
- Asynchronous multiplayer – battle friends even if they are not online
- Sandbox mode in which you control both teams to test your tactics
- Rank up and earn points to unlock new robot skins
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!