Spike Chunsoft has announced a western release for YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World.
The classic sci-fi visual novel, newly updated for modern platforms, is coming west on October 1st across Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the game.
In a separate blog post Spike Chunsoft, Spike Chunsoft detailed the content being censored in the game “in order to secure a release in the west on consoles.” The changes include:
- Sala Oasis Scene – A sunbeam is placed over Sala’s naked lower body.
- Symbols – Some cursor interaction symbols have been replaced with the “investigation” symbol. The story content and gameplay remains the same; only the cursor symbol itself has been replaced.
It’s worth noting these changes don’t affect the PC version, which is identical to the Japanese release.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Your Love Awaits Beyond This World.
During his vacation from Sakaimachi Academy, Takuya Arima receives a package from his supposedly deceased father. It contains the mysterious Reflector Device which allows the user to travel between parallel worlds.
With help from his friends, teachers, and lovers, Takuya must unearth the mystery of his father’s legacy to prevent a calamity threatening to envelop reality itself.
- The Power of the Reflector – Explore multiple timelines and revisit events through the unique gaming mechanic of the Reflector Device. This allows you to explore every timeline in detail. Activate the Reflector Device’s Auto Divergence Map System to return to an event with more knowledge and new items.
- Your Father’s Clues – Solve all the mysteries of Sakaimachi to uncover the secrets lying beneath Sword Cape. Collect items from one timeline and use them in the next to unlock Sword Cape’s hidden truth.
- Love Beyond Worlds – Can you find the hidden world waiting beyond Sakaimachi? Fall in love with every character to reach the true ending to this 40+ hour visual novel.