Epic Games have recently confirmed the launch of a event centered around the John Wick franchise.
Teaming up with Lionsgate, players can access Wick’s Bounty LTM (Limited Time Mode). Players can work together or alone to eliminate other players and earn coins from bounties. The more coins you have, the more you know about your opponents, but then everyone will be gunning for you and your coins. The winner is the first player to 1000 coins.
You can find the full rules on the event below:
Wick’s Bounty LTM Details
- Eliminating a player awards one gold coin for every elimination they have + however many bounty points the target had.
- Top three coin leaders are displayed on a HUD scoreboard (Bounty Leaders).
- Coin leaders have a gold/silver/bronze #1/2/3 icon over their heads
- Coin leaders can be seen on the map/compass when they are nearby and moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders can be seen by everyone on map/compass when they are moving or shooting.
- Coin leaders will have a gold/silver/bronze glow around them
Once a player crosses the last point threshold, they will remain on the map and have the alt Wick skin for the rest of the match, even if they lose the point lead.
First to 1000 tokens wins the match.
In addition, there are free John Wick Challenges in which players can earn rewards. These include Gold Coin Back Bling, the One Shot Glider and the Boogeyman Wrap. The in-game shop will also have the John Wick Set, including the John Wick Outfit and Simple Sledge Pickaxe. You can find images of the new gear below:
This is not the first time Fortnite has had movie crossovers. One event had players able to turn into Thanos of Marvel-movie fame. Along with granting the mighty powers of the Infinity Gauntlet, players also got a kick out of seeing The Mad Titan act out of character by dancing and dabbing.
In other news, the “fast-paced, action-oriented strategy game” John Wick Hex was recently announced.
Fortnite is available now for Windows PC, Mac, Android, and iOS (via the Epic Games Store); as well as Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.