This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Rise of Industry, a tycoon management sim by Dapper Penguin Studios and Kasedo Games that recently left Early Access.
Rise of Industry tasks you with building an industrial empire in the early 20th century. Build factories and efficient transportation routes so you can turn raw materials into finished goods that will be shipped across the world. Compete with rival companies and corner the market in budding industries, all while carefully maintaining the PR of your company and its impact on the local environment. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Rise of Industry is a strategic tycoon game that puts you in the shoes of an early 20th-century industrialist. Build and manage your growing empire in a living, breathing, and procedurally generated world that is constantly evolving and adapting to your playstyle.
As a budding entrepreneur, you will build factories, construct efficient transport lines, move raw materials, produce finished goods, and arrange trade with the world’s developing cities, providing them with the resources they need to flourish – for as they grow and prosper, so do you.
Designed with an eye towards both accessibility and depth, Rise of Industry has enough strategic complexity and replayability to satisfy the most experienced fans of the genre, while its simple-to-understand mechanics ensure that new players will love it as well.
- Experience tailored for every player – Specialize in just trading, production, gathering or any combination and research your way to bigger and better things.
- Use PR & Marketing to gain favor (or repair damage) with your business partners.
- Choose from over 100 individual products and manage the manufacturing process from harvesting raw materials all the way to delivering the end product to local stores & townspeople.
- Build and manage a solid transportation network to enable the efficient transfer of goods via plentiful trucks, speedy trains and high capacity airships.
- Be prepared for fierce competition – Advanced town and city A.I., make for an intelligent and changing game world so you won’t be the only one looking for the best deal.
- Town personalities – adapt a suitable approach for every town or face their economic backlash.
- Huge, procedurally generated maps mean that you’ll always have room to expand your empire into whether in testing scenarios or sandbox mode where imagination is your only limit.
- Be quick to adapt to the current business climate with contracts and random events keeping you on your toes and cash flowing in.
- Balance environmental impact with productivity, trying to meet your neighboring town’s demands.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!