Games Workshop has announced that they are teaming up with Steel Sky Productions to make Warhammer Underworlds: Online.
Warhammer Underworlds: Online is a Windows PC digital adaptation of Warhammer Underworlds, a small scale skirmish game set in the Age of Sigmar universe.
Like in the tabletop game, players will fight each other with small warbands of heroes on hex-based battlefields. Underworlds has an element of deckbuilding to it as well, with 20-card decks that represent upgrades and special abilities your warband can use during a game, and a 12-card objectives deck that dictates the flow of your mission.
Warhammer Underworlds: Online will launch sometime later this year via Steam Early Access. The initial Early Access release will offer two playable warbands and 1v1 online battles. The final version will include single player missions and two additional warbands, with more being added periodically until the digital adaptation eventually catches up with the 16 warbands from the tabletop game.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
The Ultimate Strategy Combat Video Game
- High-stakes, turn-based strategy.
- Digital adaptation of the hit tabletop game from Games Workshop.
- Pit mighty warbands against one another in an eternal battle for Glory.
- Easy to grasp and quick to play.
- Dice-and-cards mechanics offer boundless strategic depth.
- Choose a warband, build your decks, roll the dice, and carve a path to victory.
Craft Powerful Card Decks
- Deckbuilding is the strategic heart of Warhammer Underworlds: Online.
- Your 12-card objective deck will shape your tactical approach to a match.
- While your 20-card power deck is filled with the clever gambits and powerful upgrades you’ll need to win.
- Score Glory by both taking out enemy fighters and fulfilling the objectives in your deck.
- Each warband has access to a library of diverse universal cards and exclusive faction cards that highlight the particular strengths of your warband.
- Play, tweak, and improve to craft the ultimate strategy.
Assemble Your Warband
- Your warband is a group of fighters who are trapped together amongst the towering spires of the Mirrored City of Shadespire, and the haunted, labyrinthine corridors of the Nightvault that lays beneath.
- Warband fighters are united by a common goal and each has distinct combat style and character; there is no single path that guarantees victory.
- Make an aggressive charge to take out enemy fighters.
- Use clever defensive positioning to swarm your opponents.
- Or craft a shrewd objective deck and fulfil conditions that perfectly align with the strengths of your warband.