Gears for Breakfast have announced the next DLC pack for their cute-as-heck platformer, A Hat in Time.
The Nyakuza Metro + Online Party DLC adds a neon-lit, Japanese-inspired world where you get to join the dreaded Nyakuza for fun and profit. This chapter features 10 new Time Pieces, a Purple Time Rift, the Baseball Bat weapon, and tons of new cosmetics, including a sticker system. You can check out the announcement trailer above.
The second half of the DLC, the Online Party, allows groups of up to 50 friends to join games and interact with one another. Players will be able to clear rifts, or just goof around.
The Nyakuza Metro + Online Party DLC will launch on May 10th for the Windows PC and Mac versions of the game via Steam and GOG for $6.99. Please note that the Online Party features will not be in the GOG version, and thus will only cost $4.99. The DLC will be available to Kickstarter backers for free.
To celebrate the announcement, A Hat in Time and all prior DLC packs are currently 50% off on Windows PC and Mac.
Here’s a rundown of the new content:
Pre-order for an exclusive 4k Nyakuza Metro wallpaper!
Welcome to the deep underground Nyakuza Metro! It’s the perfect place for a little lying, a little cheating… a little stealing. Join the Nyakuza and become mad rich – joining a gang never turned out bad, right?
Nyakuza Metro introduces an all-new chapter with 10 new Time Pieces, a new sticker system, new flairs, new dyes, a new weapon, a new purple Time Rift and more!
Online Party allows you to play online with your friends, in groups of up to 50 players!
NYAKUZA METRO + ONLINE PARTY IS 100% FREE FOR ALL KICKSTARTER BACKERS, CHECK YOUR BACKER EMAIL FOR A KEY ON THE RELEASE DATE
- 10 New Time Pieces!
- Stickers! Stickers can be attached to your weapon, used with the Camera Badge, or as emotes!
- A new weapon: The Baseball Bat!
- A new Purple Time Rift: Rumbi Factory!
- New flairs, including the Nyakuza Mask, Burger Cap, Artistic Vision, and more!
- 2 new camera filters!
- 3 new badges!
- Over 20 new dyes, including Wireframe, Pizza Time and more!
- Friends: Play in groups of up to 50 players by entering a group name!
- Public: Play with 3 other strangers who can see you, but cannot affect you!
- Use your new stickers to communicate as emotes!
- Mess with each other! You can hit, explode, shake and play catch with each other, and more!
- Clear Time Rifts together as your progress is combined!
(Note: Some game features are deliberately not synced in Online Party, to avoid griefing)
A Hat in Time is also available on PS4 and Xbox One, with a Switch version set to come out at some point this year.