Rising Star Games have confirmed the western release dates for 2D platformer Giga Wrecker Alt.
The newly upgraded game will launch on April 30th for PlayStation 4. I will also launch on May 2nd for Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.
Developed by Game Freak, players gain the power to construct weapons out of debris left behind from destroying invading robots. Using this, players can fight and solve puzzles.
You can find the debut trailer here, and the full run-down below:
Giga Wrecker Alt. establishes a 2D world for navigating platforms and solving increasingly challenging puzzles as players progress to unearth the mysteries of a sudden invasion that left the world in ruins. As players explore, they’ll use the abilities of Reika – that game’s main protagonist – to destroy and reconstruct their surroundings for solving each puzzle and fighting back against the invaders.
Giga Wrecker Alt. is a mixture of exploration and physics where players can bring down towering walls and then use the rubble as a platform for navigating each level. Reika has a power known as ARCHE (Arms Creating and Handling Effect) that allows her to construct various weapons from rubble and scrap. This ability helps her create and navigate platforms, beat traps, and destroy enemies. Of course, there’s also the ability to crush enemies with falling objects as well.
Giga Wrecker was brought to life through Game Freak’s internal “Gear Project” where its developers are encouraged to come up with intriguing ideas for games outside the company’s normal. The game also features music by video game composer, Shinij Hosoe, known for Ridge Racer and Tekken, among many other titles.
- Twenty brand-new puzzle stages added to the game’s Campaign mode.
- New non-playable secondary character that assists players with more difficult puzzles / challenges if they become stuck for a period of time.
- A new hardcore ‘Ironman’ mode that increases the damage to five times greater impact than normal mode.
- Overhaul of the original localization to enhance the user experience.
- Italian and Traditional Chinese languages added for a total of 11 in-game languages (Japanese, English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese).