11 Bit Studios has announced Frostpunk has sold over 1.4 million copies.
The new milestone comes just under a year after the game’s release last year, for Windows PC (via Steam). The game sold so well that development costs were recouped within 66 hours of the game being available to purchase.
In case you missed it – console ports for Frostpunk on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were confirmed earlier this month – you can read more about the ports here.
Here’s a breakdown of the new milestones:
- Frostpunk sold over 1.4 million copies on PC
- Development costs were recovered within 66 hours of Frostpunk going on sale
- 8% of players finished the main campaign
- 59% of players chose the path of Faith
- 2.9% of players failed in Serenity mode (just like our producer, Marek)
“Frostpunk is one of the most satisfying projects I have ever seen in creation, but I still find it challenging to play,” said 11 Bit Studios producer Marek Ziemak. “It’s just like my job as a producer! Sometimes, when you lead and focus on creating something beautiful, the people under your charge might not always love every decision you have to make.”
Frostpunk is currently available for Windows PC (via Steam).