Publisher and developer GFX47 have announced their “AI combat arena” game Gladiabots will soon be leaving Early Access, and fully launching on Steam.
Using a node-based system, players create basic AI for their own robots to fight to the death in arena battles in both online multiplayer, and a single-player campaign. Along with cross platform multiplayer and shared accounts across all platforms, the game also utilizes asynchronous multiplayer so you can play against your friend’s bots even when they’re not online.
During the game’s nine months on Early Access, Gladiabots has also added new game modes (8 vs 8 Elimination and 6 vs 6 capture point Domination), campaign leaderboards, language support for 10 languages, new AI options, a cosmetic customization system, a soundtrack by Corentin Brasart (Monster Haven, Migration, Intertwined), and improvements to the AI editor and matchmaking.
You can find the full run-down below:
Gladiabots is a robot combat strategy game in which you carefully construct the AI of your robot squad and send them into the battle arena. Improve, refine and repeat until you outsmart all your opponents and friends online.
Assemble your perfect team of robots and set their AI strategy with the simple to use but in-depth visual AI editor. Decide when your units should attack, gather resources, support each other, retreat depending on their health, keep their distance, close in, save your shield, react to the circumstances on the battlefield and much more.
- Create your own AI and watch your robots execute it in the arena
- Fix it, improve it and repeat it until you outsmart all your opponents!
- Simple and powerful AI programming system with nearly 100 parameters resulting in millions of possible combinations (with no programming skills required!)
- Create and customize your robot crew
- Solo player campaign mode
- Online multiplayer career mode featuring, ranked, unranked and private matches
- Compete in and create tournaments
- Asynchronous multiplayer – battle friends even if they are not online
- Sandbox mode in which you control both teams to test your tactics
- Rank up and earn points to unlock new robot skins
- Cross platform multiplayer – compete against players of both the Steam and mobile versions whichever platform you choose to play on
- Shared account – seamlessly switch between Steam and mobile with one account and share your progress across both platforms