This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Train Valley 2, a real-time micromanagement puzzle game by Flazm that recently left Early Access.
Train Valley 2 takes a different approach than most railway management games. Instead of being a deep and intricate tycoon sim, it’s more of a puzzle game focused on micromanagement in small, self-contained levels.
Build an efficient system of rails to move cargo between towns, and manually swap tracks at just the right time to get trains where they need to go without any delays or accidents. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Train Valley 2 is available for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $14.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Train Valley 2 is a train tycoon puzzle game. Take your railroad company from the days of the Industrial Revolution and into the future, meeting the needs of the valley’s cities and industries. Build railroads, upgrade your locomotives, and keep your trains on schedule without delays or accidents. All aboard — the train is leaving the station!
- Enjoy engaging and addictive gameplay, combining puzzle micromanagement with tycoon elements.
- Discover the history of railroads in elegant low-poly graphics!
- Keep your trains running on schedule across 50 levels in Company Mode.
- Upgrade your stock of locomotives and acquire advanced engines, with 18 models to unlock.
- Produce and ship increasingly sophisticated goods in more than 45 types of train cars.
- Jump into our Level Editor with Steam Workshop integration and create your own Valleys – or play levels from other players!
- Create your own mods with custom locomotives, train cars, industries, and resources from your favorite time or universe.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!