Fantastico Studio and Digerati have announced that their retro-inspired side scrolling shmup Black Paradox will soon be leaving Early Access and making its way to consoles.
This roguelite shmup entered Early Access back in July of last year, and will be getting a full release on May 2nd. It will release on PS4 on April 30th, and appear on the Switch and Xbox One on May 3rd. You can check out a trailer above.
In Black Paradox, you play as the titular bounty hunter on an intergalactic shooting spree against the seven leaders of the Hellraisers, a vicious crime syndicate. The game also features local co-op.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Black Paradox is a fast-paced roguelite shoot ’em up. Unleash an arsenal of weapons, power-ups, drones, and other upgrades to survive waves of enemies, against a backdrop of vibrant pixel art and synth-wave soundtrack. As the infamous bounty hunter Black Paradox, travel through space and defeat the most dangerous criminal organization in the galaxy: the Hellraisers and its seven lieutenants.
Enter the cockpit, ready your weapons, and prepare for the ultimate galactic showdown.
- 20 weapons, 37 powerups, 13 deadly drones, 8 amazing power-up combos, and the ultimate space-bending move: the “Black Paradox”
- 62 different enemies, each with its own attack patterns
- 14 deadly bosses with unique attacks + 1 secret boss
- Upgrade your stats and unlock new powers
- 2 player local co-op
- Amazing pixel art, awesome synth-wave soundtrack
- Extra hardcore boss rush mode to unlock
Black Paradox is already available on Windows PC and Mac via Steam Early Access for $11.99. The price will increase upon full release. You can also find a demo on the Steam page.