Juicy Cupcake have confirmed the release date for their upcoming “platform brawler”, Brief Battles.
Brief Battles launches May 7th for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Players are initially only able to ground-pound their opponents, but power-ups (in the form of underpants) give them new ways to attack. The game features 50 stages across five “regions”, each with their own hazards and layouts to deal with.
With six playable characters, players can also use costumes to customize them further. Several costumes are also inspired by other indie games, such as Yooka-Laylee, Bit.Trip.Runner, Machinarium, World of Goo, Toto Temple Deluxe and Stumpt Gamers.
You can find the full run-down below:
May your butt reign supreme! Brief Battles brings butt-em-up action to your screen in a party game with a cheeky twist: It’s all about the undies! Start hilarious battles with nothing but your buns to slam and squish those in your sights. Scramble to grab super-powered undies to embrace the power of the butt and gain an underwear-fueled edge over your friends, as you strive to prove who has the mightiest buns.
- Multiplayer mayhem – Gather up to three friends to dominate in classic or ridiculous underpants-themed game modes.
- Solo & co-op challenges – Test your skills in solo challenges or battle beasties with a friend!
- Nimble underwearriors – Play as one of six cute, plump, wobbly characters and unlock charming crossover skins.
- Super-powered undies – Conquer foes with buns of steel, toxic tighty-whities, flaming hot pants, and more!
- Attractive arenas – Battle in 50 unique and treacherous 2.5D arenas, across five regions.
- Play at your pace – Trophy hunters can push their skills to the limit to reach the hardest challenge goals, while accessibility options open the game up to everyone.
- Free updates – No paid DLC. No butts about it.
- Controller support – For multiplayer, play with up to four controllers or three controllers and a keyboard. Play solo with a controller or keyboard, though we recommended controllers :)