This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Prime Mover, an open-ended puzzle game by 4Bit Games.
Design and build circuit boards to solve a wide range of computer-based logic puzzles to uncover the secrets of the Byte of Burden. Tweak the efficiency of your boards to discover hidden secrets that unravel more of the game’s story. You can watch the original launch trailer above.
Prime Mover is available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $14.99, and its currently 35% off.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
A god falls. A rift opens. A hero rises.
Prime Mover is a game about designing circuit boards from 4Bit Games.
In this open-ended puzzle game, you build circuit boards to solve a wide variety of logic and computer science inspired problems. Compare the speed and efficiency of your unique solutions with your friends and the world. Work your way from transistor to processor, uncover the story of the Byte of Burden!
- Design Circuit boards – Design and build Circuit boards that solve a wide variety of logic and computer science inspired problems.
- Open-ended puzzles – There are infinitely many ways to solve every puzzle, but some solutions are better than others! Compare your solutions with your friends on the online leaderboards and monitor trends with the global histograms.
- A toolbox of chips – Utilize a wide variety of components in your quest for optimization! Create circuits boards within circuit boards, within circuit boards!
- Vibrant soundtrack – Score by the amazing Jonathan Geer, composer of the Owlboy soundtrack.
- Uncover forgotten secrets – Memory fragments are scattered across the blueprint. Retrace the path of the Prime Mover to uncover the story of the Byte of Burden!
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!