Robotality and Chucklefish have released a new gameplay trailer for their upcoming pulp adventure strategy game, Pathway.
The latest trailer, as seen above, features a full 10 minutes of gameplay from The Wrath of God, the game’s second campaign scenario.
The trailer shows a little bit of everything you can expect from the game, including the pre-campaign team recruitment, story encounters, exploration, and turn-based combat against the restless dead and some Nazi tomb robbers.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
THE YEAR IS 1936…
It is a time of global unrest as German military influence is spreading throughout Europe and the Middle East. Rumors of frantic excavations and strange artifacts, not to mention ghastly occult rituals, have begun to surface across secret communication channels…
THEY TOOK OUR FRIEND…
Morten has vanished. The Nazis took him because he interfered with their occult research. We have to rescue him before it’s too late. And afterwards, who knows what other adventures await?
- THRILLING VISUALS – Classic 16-bit pixel art enhanced with unprecedented depth, lighting and shadows using Pixel/Voxel Hybrid Technology.
- DYNAMIC ADVENTURES – No two adventures are the same; each campaign generates a new procedural map and a different set of unique story encounters.
- TOUGH CHOICES – Every location you visit presents a new hand-crafted story event to explore. Search the well? Save the villagers? It’s up to you!
- DECISIVE CONFLICTS – Use cover and positioning in exciting turn-based squad combat. Learn to maximize your items and abilities, as well as your team members’ strengths, in ruthless and clever ways!
- HIDDEN TREASURES – Discover rare artifacts to unlock new content and adventures! Recruit from 16 unique companions, each with their own starting equipment and skill trees!
Pathway will be available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam sometime later this year.