Frozenbyte and Modus Games have released the first details and the release window for their upcoming 2.5D puzzle-platformer, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince.
Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince will be releasing this Fall for Windows PC (via Steam), PS4, Switch, and Xbox One, and will receive both physical and digital versions.
This new installment in the beloved franchise reunites Pontius, Amadeus, and Zoya for yet another sprawling, fairytale-inspired adventure. This time around the trio will meet Prince Selius, a young man who’s intense nightmares have been slipping into the real world.
Trine 4 will be returning to the franchise’s roots, dropping the 3D segments from the previous game to focus on what fans loved so much about Trine 1 and 2. It will also feature 4-player co-op for the first time in the IP’s history. You can check out the trailer above.
Frozenbyte also announced the retail-exclusive Trine Ultimate Collection, which is launching at the same time. It includes: all 4 games, a physical map, reversible cover, and digital downloads for the Trine 4 artbook and series soundtrack.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Experience the most complete Trine ever created!
The Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D with Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince! The three heroes of the best-selling adventure series are back, sent on a quest to retrieve the troubled young Prince Selius. Amadeus the Wizard, Pontius the Knight, and Zoya the Thief are joined together once again on a thrilling quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes teeming with danger.
Prince Selius suffers from intensely dark dreams and, due to his magical talents, monstrous nightmares are able to slip into reality and wreak havoc on the waking world. Amadeus, Pontius, and Zoya must find the afflicted prince and resolve the desperate situation before the world is engulfed by the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.
Trine 4 reaches new heights in the series, bringing the most complete gameplay experience ever to fans and new players alike!
- Gorgeous, 2.5D landscapes. Explore uniquely designed levels in beautiful, 2.5 dimensions, from breathtaking ruins and haunted tombs to tranquil birch groves and blueberry forests.
- Local and online multiplayer. Play with up to 4 players online or in local co-op.
- Captivating storytelling. Follow the story of a haunted prince as you journey through magical fairytale landscapes inhabited by friendly creatures, as well as a host of nightmarish foes.
- Dynamic puzzle-solving. Solve puzzles – solo or with friends – that feature fire, air, light, magnets, electricity and more, with challenges tailored to the number of players.
- Abundant skill trees. Unlock diverse abilities and amazing new skills.
- Completely revamped combat system. Experience the heroes’ own bloodcurdling nightmares in boss fights featuring an enriched combat system with fresh challenges and thrilling action!
- Enchanting soundtrack. Enjoy a wondrous soundtrack with songs that bring life to each new environment.