Saber Interactive have released a gameplay trailer for World War Z.
Inspired by the Paramount Pictures film of the same name, the trailer shows off the “player vs player vs zombies” combat.
While the game does have four player co-op, “PvPvZ offers a completely unique experience, challenging you to outlive both the living and the dead across a variety of competitive modes designed for 4v4 combat.”
While not the focus of the new announcement, the game is also coming to the Epic Game Store on Windows PC. We have no confirmation at this time if it is exclusive or timed-exclusive to this platform on PC.
You can find the full run-down below:
What separates PvPvE in World War Z from other multiplayer games is the zombie swarm, which storms the arena throughout the match, forcing players to battle both each other and the undead and allowing the tide of the fight to turn in an instant.
- Scavenge Raid: players race to secure resources across the map to win
- Vaccine Hunt: players must pick up and hold an object to earn point for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points
Powered by Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z unleashes hundreds of fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies at a time on players in a nail-biting action experience around the world, including New York, Moscow, Jerusalem and more. Play in co-op with up to 3 friends using six distinct classes and an arsenal of deadly weapons, explosives, turrets and traps to demolish the undead menace and survive another day.
World War Z is coming in 2019 for Windows PC (via Epic Game Store), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.