Stardock Entertainment have announced the release date for the Retribution expansion coming to their hit sci-fi 4X strategy game Galactic Civilizations III.
The new expansion will launch on February 21st. You can find a new trailer for the expansion above.
Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution adds a massive new campaign that concludes the game’s ongoing storyline. There’s plenty of new mechanics too, including Hypergates for fast travel across the galaxy, hidden Artefacts that grant powerful bonuses when discovered, an overhauled tech tree, supply ships, and the Drath and Korath civilizations.
Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution will be available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99.
Here’s a rundown of the new content:
What started as a crusade has become a war of retribution.
Across the galaxy, ancient alien artifacts are being discovered, giving civilizations powerful new capabilities. Meanwhile, as civilizations try to carefully balance building an economy, funding an ever growing war machine, and engaging in diplomacy, the humans of Sol III have invented a game-changing new technology – Hypergates – which, when connected, allow for rapid transit across the galaxy.
With two new major civilizations and the concluding campaign to the Galactic Civilizations III backstory that serves this massive space 4X sandbox game, Retribution asks the question: How will you rule your galaxy?
- Artifacts – Powerful items buried on planets across the galaxy will give your civilization instant-access to new abilities.
- Hypergates – Construct powerful gateways that, when linked, allow your fleets to travel even faster across hyperspace.
- New Major Civilizations – The Drath and the Korath are back! The manipulative Drath pull the strings across the galaxy while the Korath rely on extermination. Each has its own set of special abilities, bonuses, and ship parts.
- Supply ships – No longer do your planets act just as islands in space. Supply ships can be constructed to deliver goods and services to your other planets to aid in their development.
- New Technology Tree – A top to bottom overhaul of the technology tree adds depth and sharpens the strategic choices in your research options.
- Retribution Campaign – The climactic final battle players have been waiting for. The malevolent Drengin Empire thought humans were soft and peace-loving. They made a terrible mistake that may now end in their extinction.
In case you missed it – you can find our review for the original Galactic Civilizations 3 here (we highly recommend it!).