Team Jolly Roger and Advanced Interactive Gaming have announced that the space-based artillery game Worbital will be launching on January 31st via Steam.
Become the last space civilization standing in an interplanetary war waged with orbital lasers, nukes, and asteroids. Turn your planet into a death fortress bristling with guns and advanced defenses. You can check out the latest trailer above.
Sling projectiles across the solar system at your rivals as you try to destroy their planet’s core. The game supports online and local multiplayer, and also features a campaign and AI skirmish battles.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Break the Space!
Worbital is space war in real-time with tension-filled gameplay and gravitational destruction. Each player commandeers a planet, building support structures and increasingly powerful weapons. Use your weaponry to destroy enemy planets and wreak total havoc to the solar system. The goal: be the last civilization standing!
- INTERPLANETARY ARTILLERY WARFARE – Exploit the shifting gravity by maneuvering your shots across space to inflict maximum damage on the enemy. Sling asteroids, create black holes, make it rain with solar flares!
- COSMIC CHAOS – Planets blow up. They might take other planets with them. Then the sun explodes. Then the real fun begins.
- PREPARATION, BUILDING, TACTICS – Railguns, Lasers, World Rammers, Magnets, Orbit Boosters, Shield Defenses, Attack Ships, Colonizers… Pick your loadout from dozens of unique weapons!
- 100% PSEUDO-SCIENTIFICALLY ACCURATE – Or: How we learned to stop worrying about realism and love the mayhem.
- HYPE-FILLED OBLITERATION OF YOUR CLOSE AND DISTANT FRIENDS – Make your opponents scream with perfectly-timed attacks and defenses, and hope they’re still your friends the next day.
Worbital will initially launch on Windows PC and Mac, with PS4, Switch, and Xbox One versions coming later this year.