This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story, a 2D horizontal shmup roguelite by Coldwild Games.
Lead a rebellion against the evil O’Xelg in what is described as a “squad-based shoot-em-up.” You gather allied ships that orbit your own as you play, each of which provide unique abilities, extra firepower, and can help protect you from enemy fire. Your allies level up throughout the game, unlocking new powers as you progress. You can check out a trailer above.
The game can also be played in local co-op, and there’s a free demo available.
Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story is available on Windows PC, Mac, Linux (all via Steam), Switch, and Xbox One for $7.99, and it’s currently 33% off.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
An old robot named H-34-RT wakes up in a derelict space station orbiting his home planet. His civilization was destroyed long ago by evil O’Xelg, but he has yet to figure that out. After an initial shock, he decides to follow his old defense routines: that means fighting the invaders, even if he is alone now.
Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story is a challenging, squad-based shoot-em-up/bullet hell roguelite. Fly through tons of bullets, defeat various enemies and engage challenging bosses, all this to help a lonely robot complete his mission.
- Start out alone, but rescue allies as you progress
- Your allies do not level up by killing enemies. Rather they get stronger once they get to know you and each other better
- Change you fleet formation to avoid bullets and focus fire
- Use your ally special abilities to boost your firepower or heal yourself
- 2 Player Local Co-Op Support
- Fly through eight different levels, encountering various enemies and fighting your way to the O’Xelg communication base
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!