This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is BallisticNG, an anti-grav racing game by Neognosis that recently left Early Access.
This high-speed futuristic combat racer offers 16 ships, 35 tracks, and a complete career campaign mode in addition to the usual selection of quick races, time trials, and survival modes. Multiplayer includes split screen and direct IP online multiplayer, allowing you to play the game with friends without Steam running. You can watch the launch trailer above.
The game also launched with full mod support, and there’s already a decent sized community of fans building new content for the game. The game can be played in VR as well.
BallisticNG is available on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam for $7.99.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
BallisticNG is an action packed anti-gravity racer developed as a lover letter to the original Wipeout trilogy. Set in the year 2159 you glide through futuristic race courses armed to the teeth with deadly weapons to aid you in taking first place.
- A large assortment of tracks set in unique locations, most playable in reverse with a flipped time of day and weather
- An array of unique teams to suite any playstyle
- An arsenal of weapons to damage and eliminate those who stand in your way
- Several gamemodes (Race, Survival, Time Trial, Speed Lap, Eliminator and Knockout)
- SteamVR compatible, everything is playable in VR!
- A singleplayer campaign with plenty of events to challenge your skill
- Two player splitscreen with multi-monitor support
- Direct IP multiplayer, Steam not required
- A thumping soundtrack featuring 3 hours of music inspired by old school electronic genres
BallisticNG has indepth modding support built as an extension of the offical development tools:
- A spline based layout creator with instant playtest capabilities
- Unity engine based track configuration tools for ultimate freedom
- An in-game ship importer
- Out of the box support for C# mods
- Custom campaign support through XML files, no programming required
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!