Croteam and Gamepires have released the Winter 2018 update for their prison survival-simulator game, Scum.
The new update brings with it holiday cheer and a new snow-covered map, snowman-building, the first implementation of base-building with fortifications, and even sled riding! You can get the full patch notes here.
The biggest and most notable addition with this update is for owners of the “Supporter” version of the game, which nets you various outfits to slide onto your digital cock. These will probably go really well with other fashionable trinkets, like the human skin mask.
Here’s some more screenshots of the update:
A full run-down can be found below:
The world’s unquenchable need for entertainment has turned towards bloodlust as entertainment behemoth TEC1 is set to premiere season two of its television sensation SCUM. This new season moves the contest from the rugged, enclosed indoor arenas to the lush forests, rolling fields, and rugged terrains of TEC1’’s own private SCUM Island. Both fan favorites and new prisoners will clash in a ruthless war of survival while battling for the support of viewers, producers, and corporate sponsors for fame, gifts, and a chance of life after death.
SCUM aims to evolve the multiplayer open world survival game with unprecedented levels of character customization, control and progression, where knowledge and skills are the ultimate weapons for long-term survival. Combining the methodical planning and management of hardcore survival with optional PvP ‘network events’ available to everyone at anytime, SCUM strikes a unique balance between complex simulation and intense action in the next generation of survival game.
- Complex Simulation: SCUM utilizes dozens of complex systems to allow players to go as deep as they choose into the management of their character. Players can delve into the minutia of the survival experience through systems controlling their character’s metabolism, inertia during movement, and even how fast layers of clothing dry on and off the body. The devil is in the details…
- Massive Landscape: Traverse and explore 144 sq km of terrain that includes dense forests, picturesque beaches, serene fields, abandoned towns, and rundown airfields. Initially, the massive terrain will be handled by foot and as development continues vehicles will be introduced for quicker movement.
- PvP Network Events: Enter TEC1’s ongoing network events with a click of a button and be whisked to enclosed areas of the island for white-knuckle PvP gameplay. Volunteer for an event and be pitted against other prisoners with fame points and high value loot on the line for those that survive.
- Expanding Gameplay: While the current version of SCUM already includes basic crafting, combat, and customization systems, the featureset and gameplay will continually expand to include more advanced mechanics, more variety in gameplay, and a metanarrative for players to complete missions with hopes of one day getting off the island…
- Online Multiplayer: Survive with up to 64 players per server with the option to rent your own server right from the in-game menu.
Scum is now available for for Windows PC, via Steam.