This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Dungeon Warfare 2, a fantasy tower defense game by Valsar that came out over the summer.
You play as a dungeon lord defending your stronghold from meddlesome adventurers and “heroes” coming to raid your home in search of treasure. You can check out the launch trailer above.
Build elaborate death mazes from an arsenal of 32 upgradeable traps, many of which are designed to exploit natural hazards in the environment. Dungeon Warfare 2‘s campaign features 60 levels, procedurally generated side missions, and an endless mode.
Dungeon Warfare 2 is available on Windows PC and Mac via Steam for $14.99, and its currently 20% off.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Dungeon Warfare 2 is the definitive sequel to Dungeon Warfare, a challenging tower defense strategy game where you become a dungeon lord to defend your dungeons with the deadliest of traps and insidious contraptions against greedy adventurers and wannabe heroes.
- Physics-enabled tower defense mayhem
- 32 unique traps with 8 unique traits for each trap
- More than 30 unique enemies, each with a special trait
- More than 60 handcrafted levels + an infinite number of procedurally generated dungeons
- 5+ boss battles
- Progression with experience providing passive upgrades for the traps as well as skill points
- Three skill trees with 11 skills on each tree
- Equipment system with more than 30 unique items
- Mix your own difficulty by combining difficulty mode runes for more challenge & reward
- Endless mode
- Environmental Hazards
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!