This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight will cover Nantucket, a management sim set during the golden age of American whaling by Picaresque Studio and Fish Eagle.
You play as Ishmael, the sole survivor of the Pequod following the events of Herman Melville’s classic novel, on his quest to finish what his captain started.
Build a whaling empire as you expand your crew and fleet, take on increasingly difficult contracts, defend yourself from pirates, and finally, track down Moby Dick and bring closure to Ishmael’s story. You can check out a launch trailer above.
The game just received a minor piece of DLC called Songs of the Braves, which adds 10 new sea shanties to the game’s soundtrack for $2.99. You can find Nantucket on Windows PC, Mac, and Linux via Steam, GOG, and the Humble Store for $17.99, and it’s currently 40% off to celebrate its new DLC pack.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Chase after Moby Dick, and live through the Golden Age of American whaling in this seafaring strategy game. Set sail around the world, manage your ship and crew, and live Ishmael’s story, the sole survivor of the Pequod, a few years after the events narrated by Herman Melville in his masterpiece.
- Set sail and explore the seas – Set sail around the world, visit cities, and increase your prestige by hunting whales, landing jobs, and searching for new adventures.
- Be the captain you want to be – Develop your character in true RPG fashion, by increasing your stats, choosing your reactions, and developing your seafaring skills.
- Manage your ship and crew – Hire and manage your crew, give them tasks on your ship, and improve your ship with new compartments, expanding your ship’s capabilities.
- Experience the Golden Age of whaling – Experience more than a thousand unique events tailored around your choices—and face the results of your actions.
- Hunt whales and fight pirates – Discover new whaling areas, hunt whales for blubber, and protect your ship from pirates using a turn-based combat system.
- Chase after Moby Dick – Follow an original story line and complete quests to unveil the secrets behind Moby Dick and dissolve Ahab’s curse.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!