Abrakam’s digital CCG Faeria has just received a pair of DLC packs.
The larger of the two is the Resurgence expansion that adds 40 new cards that explore a variety of new mechanics and concepts for the game. The 40 cards were divided into two waves of 20, with the first 20 coming out back in September, and the rest being added into the game a few days ago.
The other DLC is a new puzzle pack, called Elements. This DLC adds 40 new puzzles and an exclusive card back for $6.99. The game also has Steam Achievements now.
Faeria has completely revamped it’s business model since it originally launched back in March 2017. Originally a free-to-play card game supported with booster packs like most games in the genre, Faeria now uses a pay upfront model where you earn your cards through play. You can find a trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
With its unique living board, Faeria will challenge you with truly strategic card battles. Craft your deck, shape the battlefield, and fight for victory!
- A True Strategy Card Game – A strategy game like no other. Build exciting decks and shape the battlefield as you fight epic battles. Raise mountains, build forests, fill lakes, or harness the sands of the deserts. You choose your own path to victory.
- No Buying Card Packs – Earn your collection through our simple and affordable DLC-based business model. Experience a card game without expensive micro-transactions. Whether through solo campaigns, draft mode, or PVP, all cards are earned through simply playing the game!
- Solo Experience – Enjoy 100+ hours of solo content, co-operative missions, and puzzles! Explore a vast array of challenges that reward you in return. Journey through the Oversky and defeat devious World Bosses – or even play enemy AI in draft mode!
- Draft Mode – Enter Pandora, Faeria’s unique draft mode that where your deck-building skills are put to the ultimate test. Choose to play against the AI or put your deck to the ultimate test in PVP. Earn rewards based on how well you do. It’s the perfect way to increase your collection, or just have fun!
- Community Focused – Become a part of our thriving, supportive, and helpful community by joining our official Discord channel, subreddit, forums – or join The Hub! Years in the making, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more welcoming group of players.
- Active eSports Scene – Compete in regular officially-recognized tournaments with great prizes – or watch them live and win in-game loot! Our esports system rewards players for excellent performance and allows everyone else to watch, enjoy, and gain free loot!
Faeria is available on Windows PC, Mac, Linux (all via Steam), iOS, and Android.