Independent developer Descendent Studios has announced console ports for their upcoming Descent reboot.
The six-degrees-of-freedom space shooter is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch alongside the previously confirmed Windows PC, Mac, and Linux versions. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the game.
Pre-orders for the game are available now and come with access to a Windows PC set to launch later this year. Pre-orders will also nab you a custom version of the Generation III “Viola” ship with an exclusive paint job, as well as special PC Beta challenges which unlock exclusive pre-season cosmetic rewards, a multipass upgrade for multiplayer seasons one and two with additional gameplay challenges, and a “Secret Missions” downloadable content pack with more single-player missions – the latter of which are coming out later in 2019.
If you purchased a copy of Descent (previously titled Descent: Underground) during its Kickstarter or in Steam Early Access, you’ll get access to the PC beta and also naturally get the full game. All PC pre-order bonuses advertised by publisher Little Orbit will be given to early supporters too.
Here’s a look at gameplay:
It’s worth pointing out a release window for the Descent reboot isn’t nailed down – it’s set to “coming soon.”
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Descent is reborn! Blast into classic six-degrees-of-freedom action-reimagined for a new generation using Unreal Engine 4!
Earth starves- resources dwindle, governments fall, and the last shreds of human civilization now belong to ruthless megacorporations. Mankind’s survival depends on water and minerals from deep space. Brave pilots fight deep within asteroids- their triumphs and tragedies broadcast back to Earth as entertainment… and a way to distract the teeming masses from the grumbling of their empty bellies.
Fly your way in 20 different ships with distinct roles and play styles. Customize them with noses, wings, skins, paint jobs, and a forest of tech tree upgrades. Deep dive into Descent‘s immersive single-player campaign or prove yourself in a variety of pulse-pounding multiplayer modes.
Prepare for Descent.
- The Legendary Series Returns – Descent returns! Journey back into the mines with the rebooted 90s classic, fully reimagined in the Unreal 4 engine for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.
- True Freedom – Experience 6-degrees-of-freedom as you explore twisting mazes and cavernous maps. Move, hide, and attack in every direction.
- Customizable Class-Based Combat – Pick your class, customize your ship, dominate the match. Choose from over 4 classes, 20 ships, and kit them out with nose, wing, skin, and other upgrades.
- Hand-Crafted Campaign – Deep dive through an immersive single-player campaign featuring over 15 missions of puzzles, side-quests, special rewards and epic boss battles.
- Built for Multiplayer – Prove yourself in our cutting edge multiplayer experience that features 4 pulse pounding modes from free-for-all to co-op.