Weather Factory and Humble Bundle’s card-based cosmic abomination game, Cultist Simulator, is getting a new DLC pack on October 16th.
Cultist Simulator is a narrative-focused roguelite card game developed by Alexis Kennedy, the creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea. You play as a cult leader in a Lovecraftian 1920s setting that has devoted themselves to serving an eldritch monstrosity, in exchange for the power to make your deepest desires become reality. You can find a trailer above.
The game’s first DLC pack, called The Dancer, introduces a new playable career. Become an exotic performer at the Ecdysis Club, an occult cabaret where pleasure and pain intermingle as the club’s staff and clients engage in blasphemous rituals.
The DLC’s launch will coincide with the release of new free content in the base game, including romance options, an injury system for your disciples, and the possibility of unrest and rebellion within your cult.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Cultist Simulator is a game of apocalypse and yearning from Alexis Kennedy, creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea. Play as a seeker after unholy mysteries, in a 1920s-themed setting of hidden gods and secret histories. Perhaps you’re looking for knowledge, or power, or beauty, or revenge. Perhaps you just want the colours beneath the skin of the world.
In this roguelike narrative card game, what you find may transform you forever. Every choice you make, from moment to moment, doesn’t just advance the narrative – it also shapes it.
Become a scholar of the unseen arts. Search your dreams for sanity-twisting rituals. Craft tools and summon spirits. Indoctrinate innocents. Seize your place as the herald of a new age.
- Combine cards to tell your own story in a rich, Lovecraftian world of ambition, appetite and abomination. Corrupt your friends. Consume your enemies. There is never only one history.
- Found a cult, dedicated to the Red Grail, or the Witch-and-Sister, or the Forge of Days. Recruit Believers and promote them to Disciples to serve as burglars, researchers, cat’s-paws. Use your disciples to keep you fed – or feed on your disciples.
- Unravel arcane, unacknowledged mysteries. Translate grimoires and glean their lore. Locate and pillage the Star Shattered Fane. Penetrate the realm of the Hours, and win a place in their service. Perhaps – if you are very cunning – you may even glimpse the Mansus.
- Outwit rivals, investigators and the increasingly suspicious Authorities. Your own altered Appetites may force you to act abominably, but your Cause must not be stopped.
- Transcend death with a story-driven legacy system. Perhaps your inheritors will complete the Rite of the Crucible Soul. Perhaps they’ll find peace in a pleasing career. Perhaps they’ll bring the Dawn.