Pixel Arc Studios, an indie developer based out of Harrisburg, has launched crowdfunding for their promising metroidvania-action game, Bushiden.
The action-platformer game is now up on Kickstarter, and is seeking $70,000 in funding to deliver the game for Windows PC and PlayStation 4 – further platforms are planned, should funding be successful or higher than their funding goal.
Featured above, you can view the pitch video for the game. Here’s the key art and some screenshots:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
In Bushiden, players will take on the role of Reylee. His sister has vanished and rumors swirl that Gaoh has been resurrected with an evil army at his command. Players will explore for cybernetic upgrades until they are powerful enough to defeat the diabolic Gaoh and his cybergenetic army once and for all in this futuristic, action platformer!
- 7 levels to explore plus a prologue area!
- Survive epic boss fights to unlock new traversal and combat abilities!
- Unique “crowd control” combat system gives the player powerful options for dispatching hordes of foes!
- Revisit levels with upgraded abilities to unlock new areas and become more powerful!
- Beautifully drawn and animated pixel art! They don’t make games like this anymore!
- Purchase upgrades and Chi Spell Attacks from the Tech Shop!