Publisher THQ Nordic and Spanish developer Uprising Studios have announced Scarf.
The new game is described as a nostalgic 3D platformer starring a cute protagonist donning an iconic scarf – and its set for a Windows PC release sometime in Winter 2018 or possibly 2019.
Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the game. Here’s the first screenshots:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Scarf is a 3D Adventure game, where protagonist Hyke must use his polymorphic scarf to explore a magical environment, solve mysterious puzzles and overcome difficult challenges. Hyke’s scarf morphs into different objects which will help to progress the adventure. Hyke was born in an unknown place, surrounded by other souls. All of them will start a path through the World with the main goal being to meld with it and become part of nature.
- A story for all audiences with multiple narrative layers
- Beautiful scenarios
- A mysterious polymorphic scarf adapts to each world to give the player different skills and mechanics for each level
- Immersive narrative and very visual gameplay through a story without text
- Moments of quiet introspection and exploration juxtaposed by intense situations where skills will be put to test
- Distinctive game worlds
- Natural scenarios where the inhabitants will respond differently to your actions
- A magical world with a unique mythology where the player will visit different locations
- Expertly crafted atmosphere