Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have announced a definitive edition for Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
Along with including all DLC for the game, the game will have updates that boast improving the overall experience. These include an updated post-game Epilogue that adds “new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
Other improvements include new difficulty levels, endless siege mode, higher level caps for followers and enemies, new skins, photo filters, and “numerous improvements” to the Nemesis System.
A release date for Middle-earth: Shadow of War is set for August 31st, across Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
Here’s a look at the new box art:
A full rundown can be found below:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition, the most comprehensive version of last year’s epic, open world action game where players forge a new Ring of Power, conquer fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with their own personal Orc army, all brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Developed by Monolith Productions, Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition will include the main game packaged together with all downloadable content (DLC), free updates and improvements and will be available for the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, Windows 10 PC through the Microsoft Store, Steam, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PlayStation® 4 Pro computer entertainment system from 31 August 2018 in the UK.
“Since Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ launched, we’ve continually looked at all of the feedback from our fantastic community and our fans, which has inspired us to keep improving the game and ultimately create a version that we are truly proud of,” said Michael de Plater, Vice President, Creative, Monolith Productions. “Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™Definitive Edition brings together all of our free content updates and gameplay improvements, along with our Story and Nemesis Expansions, providing the very best experience for players. Whether you’re diving in for the first time or making your return to Middle-earth™, there’s never been a better time to walk into Mordor.”
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition will feature the main game, along with the full Expansion Pass, including additional story campaigns, missions, playable characters, Orc tribes, weapons, abilities, enemies, a new region and much more.
- Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Main Game
- Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
- Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
- Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
Additionally, Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™ Definitive Edition will bring together a multitude of different enhancements and free content updates, from a richer campaign experience and streamlined post-game Epilogue to new player skins and the complete removal of the market, in addition to hundreds of other improvements since the release of Middle-earth ™: Shadow of War™. A snapshot of the updates available for players includes:
- Market Closure: Complete removal of the market and microtransactions.
- Updated Post-Game: Streamlined post-game Epilogue (formerly Shadow Wars) with new narration from Shelob, the Witch-king and Dark Talion, plus new Masks of the Nazgûl player rewards.
- Nemesis System Enhancements: Numerous improvements bringing further depth to combat encounters and player interactions, along with added traits and behaviours for Orc enemies, more Legendary Orcs to encounter and more ways to get Training Orders.
- Powering Up: Follower level cap has been increased to 80, enemy Captain level cap has been increased to 85, greater XP rewards, new Prestige skills, upgrades and more.
- Gear Upgrades: Players can now use Mirian to raise the level of a piece of gear to their current level and use gems to re-roll abilities.
- Skins: Added player skins for Celebrimbor, Eltariel, Dark Eltariel, Baranor and Serka.
- Online Pit Fights & Conquests: Added search feature to challenge specific players’ Overlords and fortresses in Friendly Mode.
- Endless Siege: Added feature to defend fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces.
- Rebellion: Added feature to crush rebel Ologs and Uruks who undermine the Bright Lord.
- Photo Mode Upgrades: Capture every battle with new filters, frames and textures
- Difficulty Levels: Added Brutal and Gravewalker difficulty levels.
- Player Stats: Added player stats page to track in-game enemy kills, dominations and betrayals.