Sega has officially announced Team Sonic Racing.
The Sumo Digital-developed Sonic the Hedgehog-themed racing game will launch across Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch sometime this winter.
Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the game. Here’s the game’s key visual, as well as the first screenshots:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Sonic fans start your engines! Today, SEGA® unveiled Team Sonic Racing™, a brand-new racing experience developed by award-winning studio Sumo Digital. Combining the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing with unique vehicle customization options, Sonic fans can play solo, team up with friends or face-off against each other in high-stake races between rival teams across the Sonic Universe.
Team Sonic Racing lets fans speed through vibrant circuits from the Sonic Universe as Sonic, Shadow, Tails, and more while taking part in an electrifying multiplayer racing competition. Compete solo or play with up to 12 drivers online in various exhilarating single and multiplayer game modes, including Grand Prix, Time Trial, Team Adventure and more. With unique character types, game modes, and car customization options, Team Sonic Racing blends the best elements of racing games.
- Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes – 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.
- Team Racing – Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.
- Performance & Skin Customization – Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.
- Wisps – 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!
- Adventure Mode – Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.
- Various Characters and Types – 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power.