Tangled Mess Games, the South African folks behind Desktop Dungeons, have released their next title – Volantia.
The PC and Mac game is described as a “contemplative and strategic” city builder, set within a “greenpunk” universe. Press play on the above trailer to get a brief look at the tranquil game.
Here are some key features:
- Build and create your own landmass and ecosystem
- Randomly generated islands to make each landmass unique
- Build a thriving ecosystem and watch it flourish and come to life
- Stop your kingdom from collapse by connecting the monolithic Zardim
- A balance of puzzles, design strategy, kingdom management, and creativity
- An ambient and meditative soundtrack
- Cute, colorful artwork to cultivate a meditative and greenpunk world
Here’s some screens:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Transport yourself to a lush kingdom in the sky as you create, explore, build, and optimize a thriving new ecosystem amongst the clouds. Amidst the lush greenpunk landscape, rotate and conjoin fragments of land onto your floating island to stabilize it, and stop it from crumbling to its demise.
Entrenched in a colorful, whimsical, and adorable world, design your personalized continent, rich with new resources to uncover, land to connect and build, and technologies to grow.
Make thoughtful and strategic choices as the ambient, dreamy soundscape encourages creativity as you design your land and build the kingdom that resides on it. With space at a premium and resources limited, efficient design is crucial for the kingdom’s survival.
Contemplative and strategic, Volantia is designed to cultivate a meditative escape amongst the clouds as players immerse themselves in the zen of puzzle solving and cultivating their ecosystem in a low-pressure environment.
An unexpected and calming combination of kingdom management, puzzles, and design, connect your land for the ideal fit to stabilize your continent, harvest and maximize natural resources, and grow your technologies.
Volantia is now available for Windows PC and Mac, via Steam.