Blizzard Entertainment has shared a new preview for the upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, Battle for Azeroth.
The new preview details two of the expansions new playable “Allied Races,” new subsets of existing races that are more specialized and only now becoming available in the new content.
Players will be able to select from the Dark Iron dwarves and the Mag’har orcs. Here’s the new details:
ALLIANCE: DARK IRON DWARVES
Known for their fiery tempers and fierce determination, Dark Iron dwarves have a turbulent history with the other clans. A failed coup in Ironforge ignited the War of the Three Hammers, and many of the Dark Iron once fought in the service of Ragnaros the Firelord. Though one faction is pledged to Queen-Regent Moira Thaurissan, others refuse to stand alongside their kin. The Alliance seeks a united Dark Iron clan to harness the power of Azerite and aid their struggle against the Horde.
- Fireblood: Dark Iron dwarves can empower themselves and purge debuffs afflicting them.
- Dungeon Delver: Their time spent in the depths lets Dark Iron dwarves move faster while indoors.
- Mass Production: Dark Iron dwarves have increased Blacksmithing skill and can craft faster.
- Mole Machine: These digging devices can transport their masters to new locations.
- Forged in Flames: Dark Iron dwarves take reduced Physical damage.
Learn more about Moira and the Dark Iron in our previously released stories:
- Fault Lines by Matt Burns and Ludo Lullabi (comic)
- The Council of Three Hammers: Fire and Iron by Matt Burns (short story)
- The Jade Hunters by Matt Burns (short story)
HORDE: MAG’HAR ORC
For untold generations, the orc clans of Draenor battled one another in endless war. But when Gul’dan offered them the blood of his demonic masters, the disparate tribes of Mag’har—the orcish word for “uncorrupted”—refused the dark bargain and banded together to drive out the Burning Legion. United under the leadership of Grommash Hellscream, the Mag’har pledged to one day repay Azeroth’s heroes for aiding their cause. As war against the Alliance intensifies, the Horde must call upon the might of the Mag’har to seize victory.
- Ancestral Call: Mag’har orcs can call upon the powers of their ancestors to assist in battle.
- Open Skies: While outdoors, Mag’har orcs have increased flight speed.
- Sympathetic Vigor: The health of the Mag’har orcs’ pets is increased.
- Savage Blood: Poisons, diseases, and curses affect Mag’har orcs for a shorter duration.
Learn more about the orcs of Draenor in our previously released videos:
Battle for Azeroth is launching on August 14th. World of Warcraft is currently available for Windows PC and Mac. In related news, a new “Classic”, Vanilla-content version of the game is coming, and PVP-only servers were removed.