Publisher Focus Home Interactive and developer Streum On Studio have announced the release date for Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition.
The action game will launch for Windows PC and PlayStation 4 on May 22nd. The previously confirmed Xbox One version is completely missing from the press release – leading us to believe it’s been quietly cancelled.
Featured above, you can view a new gameplay trailer for the game. IF you own the original Space Hulk: Deathwing on PC, you’ll get the Enhanced Edition free of charge.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Play as a Space Marine of the Deathwing – the feared 1st Company of the secretive Dark Angels – and engage in a desperate battle against Genestealers within the confines of a Space Hulk. Grow more powerful, gain skills and abilities, and master devastating weapons as you earn experience. Play solo or in online cooperative multiplayer with up to 4 players. The Enhanced Edition brings a host of new content and upgrades, expanding upon the base game for the ultimate Space Hulk experience:
- Class Customization – deep progression system lets players unlock armor and weapon skins, attachments, perks and more for aesthetic and gameplay customization.
- Chaplain Class – the Chaplain brings a host of abilities to increase the squad’s survivability, and is more than capable of killing hordes of Xenos in melee combat.
- New Weapons – more melee and ranged weapons give players even more options to load out their squad in battle.
- New Enemy Types – new, unique Genestealer types offer greater challenge to those who dare enter the depths of the Space Hulk.
- Special Missions – randomized objectives and enemy spawns bring a new level of replayability.
All aspects of Class Customization are earned entirely in-game, with no microtransactions. Several of the above features have already been made freely available on PC, as part of the game’s ongoing support.