Rising Star Games and independent developer Supergonk (veteran devs from Codemasters, Bizarre Creations, and Lionhead) have announced Trailblazers.
The game is likened to a co-op arcade racing game with a Splatoon-like level-painting mechanic. Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the game.
A worldwide release is planned for sometime in May of this year across Windows PC, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and the Nintendo Switch.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Trailblazers is a fresh new co-operative racing title with an innovative on-track game mechanic: paint the track, boost on your colour and work as a team to win!
- True co-operative team racing with a brand new, never-before-seen core mechanic
- Exciting high-speed circuit racing with second-to-second strategy that is new to the genre
- Play online, either solo or together with split screen buddies
Work together with your teammates to capture the track! The best teams will share painting and boosting duties, picking complementary drivers to maximise their individual skill-sets. But don’t forget about the opposing team! Paint over their trails to deny them boost, or save up your paint for aggressive attacks which shock the opposition and disrupt their strategy.
- A larger-than-life cast of drivers, including humans, aliens and psychotic robots!
- Drive a selection of different high-speed hover cars, each with unique stats and performance characteristics
- Join up with your friends in local multiplayer, or take it to online matchmaking with full split-screen support!
- Play through a series of unique chapters of single player Story Mode, each with a distinct series of asymmetrical objectives to complete
- Experience a pulse-pounding licensed soundtrack featuring awesome Future Funk tracks from indie artists.