New Overview Trailer for Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Japan has shared a new overview trailer for the Nintendo Switch ports for both Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2.

Featured above, the new trailer shows off gameplay from both games, which star the titular witch herself – Bayonetta. Both games are hitting the hybrid console on February 16th, with the actual package including Bayonetta 2 on a cartridge, and a download code for the original Bayonetta. Both games can be purchased separately, via the eShop.

The new Switch versions of the games include some new features:

• Local wireless cooperative play – The previously online-only coop Tag Climax is going local! Team up with a friend to take it on – online or off.
  • Amiibo support – Bayonetta 2 for Nintendo Switch will support amiibo, including the Bayonetta amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series.
  • Video capture support – Record gameplay videos, starting up to thirty seconds before you press the capture button. Share videos from your Switch’s Album to Facebook and Twitter to show the world your skills!

In related news, both developer Platinum Games and Nintendo confirmed Bayonetta 3 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

, , ,

January 31, 2018 at 1:06 am

I think I’ll just keep my wiiU copies, Although I encourage those who haven’t to pick these up.

2. boag
    boag
    January 31, 2018 at 1:27 am

I neverr got a wiiu, getting a switch is getting more and more tempting everyday.

3. SuuLoliBoob
    SuuLoliBoob
    January 31, 2018 at 2:09 am

Reminder to the PC port beggars that Nintendo was the one that seen promise in Bayonetta when no other company did and was the sole reason Bayonetta 2 was made.

4. Richard
    Richard
    January 31, 2018 at 2:26 am

When every con job goes to kickstarter with every dumb idea to try a milk money out of people, Platinum could have done the same and that would have been funded in a week. Stop this stupid lie that Nintendo was the “ONLY” way it would happen. They were simply the easiest guaranteed funding. Before you try with some crap about me being a PC Beggar, I own Bayonetta on the Wii U and already have it coming for the Switch. I also own the PC version. You can guarantee that had they kickstarted it I would have paid in a heartbeat.

5. Mechonis
    Mechonis
    January 31, 2018 at 2:44 am

>Insinuating Kickstarter is ever a good idea

6. Richard
    Richard
    January 31, 2018 at 3:07 am

Never said a good idea, in fact my first statement should give you my idea of kickstarter. I said they went with the safest option, which is understandable. But after time, safe gives us open world games, why, because everyone is doing an open world game. It seem Hearthstone opened floodgates for every IP to have to have a card game. Resident Evil, everything has to have zombies. Safe is how we get character levels and stat items in fighting games (Injustice 2). Voice overs, inventories, and breakable items in a Zelda game. I want dungeons Gandalf, dungeons not survival mechanics

7. SuuLoliBoob
    SuuLoliBoob
    January 31, 2018 at 3:34 am

>Stop this stupid lie that Nintendo was the “ONLY” way it would happen

I never did. I said they were the only company that decided to invest in the series unlike the others.

8. RichardGristle
    RichardGristle
    January 31, 2018 at 4:03 am

What an odd group to point out. Why not Sony or Microsoft? “PC” isn’t a fucking company. How is “PC” going to fund Bayonetta?

9. Richard
    Richard
    January 31, 2018 at 4:08 am

>sole reason Bayonetta 2 was made.

I did not state well. I agree that Nintendo took the risk on an IP that did not do so well with Xbox and Playstation. I admit I did not purchase it on either system. What I tried badly to say was that should Nintendo have said no it was not the end of the story. Would it have been made when it was, most likely not. was it never to see the light of day, again most likely not.

10. SuuLoliBoob
    SuuLoliBoob
    January 31, 2018 at 4:32 am

I only mentioned the PC port beggars because they’re the only group that have been constantly begging for it. Actually, to tell you the honest truth, i don’t even think i’ve seen any Sony or Xbox fan begging for a port of it.

11. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    January 31, 2018 at 6:55 am

They were back in the day, even more so than PC gamers. I suspect all the PC begging is cause they only recently got a taste of the “climax action”.

12. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    January 31, 2018 at 7:37 am

Cemu has focused so hard on getting BotW running at 8k 60fps that they’ve actually broken the ability to run some other games. So no, it’s hardly “all of the Wii U exclusives”.

I’d love to use cemu to play uncensored versions of a few Wii U exclusive RPGs, but the cemu dev team doesn’t give a fuck about anything but Zelda.

13. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    January 31, 2018 at 7:56 am

They know where the Patreon bucks are, can’t blame them too much for focusing on making BotW run good first.

The more niche RPGs will follow eventually.

14. Exien
    Exien
    January 31, 2018 at 8:12 am

Oh fuck off with this “PC port beggars” are the only one “begging” for it bullshit, I saw many diffrent people wanting these game on diffrent consoles it dosn’t mattter if Sony or Microsoft or whatever there was “baggers” on this side too. “PS beggars” want a Halo game, “XBOX beggars” want a God of War
    port and “Switch beggars” want a Monster Hunter World port.

What the hell is even with you and this fucking “beggars”, you know that companys pay a shit load of money to get data which game to port on what platform.

We simply telling them that if they bring their games on our personal favorite platform there is a market for it, we are willingly to pay and buy their products by voicing our opinion and that is a fucking good thing. It’s because of this the “PC port beggars” and others got so many games on their platform like for example Dark Souls. Bandai Namco never intended it to port it for the PC. Just because people were voicing their wishes for this game and signing a petition what is a form of voicing we the PC community got this games.

So in conclusion fuck your “beggars”, fuck exclusivity games and fuck you. And I tell you this is the honest truth.

15. Exien
    Exien
    January 31, 2018 at 8:19 am

Yeah i don’t have interest in BotW but if the most people want it, then so be it nothing against that. When BotW is finished they gonna work again on other games.

16. Nagato
    Nagato
    January 31, 2018 at 8:30 am

I’d argue it’s more likely due to the PC userbase actually supporting niche games like these, and managing to do so in ways that allow publishers to make easy profit at a relatively small extra cost.

The overall scene has changed a lot since then as well; back then only the consoles had gotten a Bayo game before (much less other Jap games), whereas now only PC is guaranteed to receive every Japanese game not tied up in some kind of permanent exclusivity contract.

17. Homura
    Homura
    January 31, 2018 at 8:38 am

“I’d argue it’s more likely due to the PC userbase actually supporting niche games like these.” ????

18. DrearierSpider
    DrearierSpider
    January 31, 2018 at 9:12 am

Where are you getting that info from, do you have a link? BotW has certainly gotten more love, but I haven’t heard of any games breaking in the process.

19. Flamingfighter
    Flamingfighter
    January 31, 2018 at 9:45 am

But it gets a bit more complex than that since Platinum said they were about to close down were it not for Nier: Automata bringing in sales. Bayonetta 2 may not have sold millions, but it was still one of the hottest selling releases they’ve put out in their lifetime and, had it not released when it had with Nintendo backing the company, they would have probably died amidst producing underfunded licensed games.

20. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    January 31, 2018 at 10:07 am

Found the PC beggar.

21. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    January 31, 2018 at 10:11 am

Various YouTube videos. Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I think Xenoblade Chronicles X were made unplayable at different times (I think they got Xenoblade working again).

22. The Clansman
    The Clansman
    January 31, 2018 at 10:11 am

Are you 12? When Bayonetta 2 was announced all PS4 users felt betrayed and spammed Platinum’s twitter. PC only recently got Bayonetta so they never even expected it. I mean you must be 12 aince that wasn’t even that long ago.

23. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    January 31, 2018 at 10:11 am

Well, the Patreon money gives them a financial incentive to NOT get other games working. The more things need to be fixed, the more months people will pay them.

24. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    January 31, 2018 at 10:14 am

I remember when that happened. The rage from Neogaf users could have been harvested to generate enough electricity to power up a city the size of Tokio for a week.

25. Exien
    Exien
    January 31, 2018 at 12:09 pm

not really havent even got Bayonetta 1simply not my game and have also the consoles so yeah, but nice try maybe next time you get better at trolling. This lesson was free to take but the next one cost some ;).

26. Shattno
    Shattno
    January 31, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Man, I can’t wait…

27. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    January 31, 2018 at 3:25 pm

So is it confirmed the console bundle is just a regular system and not some limited edition one that looks different?

28. Travis Touchdown
    Travis Touchdown
    January 31, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Will they make Bayonetta 2 good?

29. RPG
    RPG
    February 1, 2018 at 5:16 am

I am in the same boat. I am really glad the series is coming to the Switch, but I think I will stick with my Wii U versions I procured previously (mind you, I originally played the first Bayonetta on PS3, so the Wii U version is a satisfying upgrade for me, haha).

30. Bailarina Ninja masoquista
    Bailarina Ninja masoquista
    February 1, 2018 at 1:06 pm

Shantae Half Genie Hero and Shovel Knight send their regards.

it’s all about the people receiving the funding really, not one system is a bad idea just for existing.