What’s in the Box?! – Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Special Edition

This is What’s in the Box? In this video series, we regularly unbox new games and things, so let us know if there’s something you want us to check out!

In this episode of our shameless unboxing videos, I take a look at the Special Edition for Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

The game’s special edition comes with the following goodies:

• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game
  • Premium metal game case
  • Sound Selection CD
  • Collected Works art booklet

If you’re looking to pick up the game and want to help support us, please consider doing so via one of our partners through Play-Asia:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is now available for the Nintendo Switch. Expect our comprehensive review for the game in the coming days.

1. Feniks
    Feniks
    December 2, 2017 at 5:36 am

Love that artwork. These editions are always too expensive for me though. Not a collector- just the games.

Glad the Switch is getting non mainstream games. Unlimited weeb power!

2. RPG
    RPG
    December 2, 2017 at 7:27 am

The European Special edition just came in the mail for me this morning. I was really taken aback by how large the whole package was. I was NOT expecting it to be that big, haha. I am also trying to decide which cover I like more, the North American, or European version. It is nice the NA version has the Characters, and such, but I also like the stark and simplistic style of the EU version. Awesome content in both, regardless!

3. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    December 2, 2017 at 9:04 am

So what’s the verdict? How’s the localization? Is there any censorship?

4. bdp
    bdp
    December 2, 2017 at 9:32 am

>tfw your copy won’t arrive until monday

5. Brandon Orselli
    December 2, 2017 at 10:04 am

Carl just started so we should have our review soonish. So far it seems like a pretty solid localization, English voices are surprisingly good too.

6. CDan
    CDan
    December 2, 2017 at 10:57 am

I really want it, even though I still have no NSwitch, but Amazon won’t ship it to Mexico. Damn.

7. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    December 2, 2017 at 11:03 am

Does it have JP option for VAs incase I don’t like the dub?

8. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    December 2, 2017 at 11:18 am

My special edition will be staying sealed until a year from now when the cock sucking pieces of shit at Nintendo have finished slowly trickling out the rest of the content.

9. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    December 2, 2017 at 11:19 am

If I remember right, they said that would be a free download.

10. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    December 2, 2017 at 11:36 am

Nice.

11. PaRaLLaXTHeTiCS
    PaRaLLaXTHeTiCS
    December 2, 2017 at 1:05 pm

The boobed mousepad from the Agarest of War CE smells funny.

12. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    December 2, 2017 at 1:37 pm

It’s pretty, but it’s just extra stuff that I’ll never get any use out of.

13. Arenegeth
    Arenegeth
    December 2, 2017 at 2:48 pm

My copy of the EU Special Edition has being delayed a bit, but given that I don’t actually have Switch yet, who gives a damn. By the time I get a Switch near Christmas it should be here.

I prefer the look of the EU edition than the US one, and the EU version also gets a Jewel Case for the soundtrack instead of a paper sleeve and also has the game in a proper plastic case, along with the steelbook, where the US is steelbook only.

But the US edition gets a hardcover art book while the EU one is softcover, so I guess Americans can’t complain too much this time.

14. True Goddess Reincarnation
    True Goddess Reincarnation
    December 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Great game so far. I’m sad I didn’t get this when I could.

15. True Goddess Reincarnation
    True Goddess Reincarnation
    December 2, 2017 at 4:40 pm

You can download the JP voices before you even get the game.