Bandai Namco has announced the western release date for Dragon Ball FighterZ.
The new Arc System Works-developed fighting game will launch across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox Oen on January 26th of next year in North America and Europe.
Here’s a look at the game’s compilation art and western box art:
Two new digital editions for the game were announced, including:
- FighterZ Edition which includes the game along with the FighterZ Pass which adds 8 new characters to the roster.
- Ultimate Edition which contains the game and the FighterZ Pass with amazing content such as a commentator Voice Pack and the long awaited Anime Music pack. This Anime Music Pack has been requested by fans for years and will include 11 songs from the anime. In this way, players will be able to fight to the sound of “CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA” and “WE GOTTA POWER”, but also the most famous endings and background musics!
Digital pre-orders are going live today, which include:
- Players who pre-order the game digitally will gain early access to the upcoming DRAGON BALL FighterZ open beta (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One only). Players will also get early access to SSGSS Goku & SSGSS Vegeta along with two exclusive lobby avatars and a Girls Stamp Pack, featuring Android 21, Android 18, and Bulma at launch.
- Additionally, a Character Pass for DRAGON BALL FighterZ called the FighterZ Pass will also be available, offering players the opportunity to secure access to eight additional playable characters which will be released post-launch at a discounted price.
- Lastly, there is a digital DRAGON BALL FighterZ Ultimate Edition digital offer which will include the game, the FighterZ Pass, an anime music pack containing 11 songs from the DRAGON BALL anime, and a commentator voice pack.
Bandai Namco also shared new details for the game regarding the recently confirmed fighters Nappa and Captain Ginyu, as well as story mode and LINK System details:
Fights are all about strategy. And fights in Dragon Ball FighterZ are becoming more and more strategical with the arrival of the two new heavyweight fighters, Nappa and Captain Ginyu. Captain Ginyu is quite powerful as players can exchange him with their opponent character until the end of the fight. Nappa is a heavy type character using the Saibamen to attack the enemy. Using the Saibamen in a good way could help a lot to gain time to charge energy or prepare a combo.
Story Mode will also surprise and delight all the fans with the LINK System allowing them to embody different characters, share their minds and even discuss with them while they live in the same body! Surprises are not finished yet. Composed of 3 different parts, the story mode will allow players to experience 3 different perspectives each offering different details and secrets about the whole story. Players will first play the Super Warriors Arc in the perspective of the Saiyans, then the Super Villain Arc in the perspective of the enemies and finally the Android Arc in the perspective of the Androids. By taking part in different fighting combinations included in these 3 chapters, players will be able to level up their characters and get a full understanding of the amazing Dragon Ball FighterZ scenario! The story mode map will also surprise everyone by becoming a new place for a tactical move as players will have different options for their next destination. This strategical choice will have an impact on fighting abilities in future fights!
Last but not least, more details about the online mode are also revealed! The online mode with interconnected match-making will be the perfect place to test players’ skills. In the Circle Match mode, up to 8 players can enter into the room to fight against each other where up to 4 fights can happen at the same time. The World Match mode will allow players to choose between a casual and a ranked match.
Dragon Ball FighterZ is launching across PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In case you missed it – we recorded exclusive, hands-on gameplay for the game, complete with our commentary on how it plays and feels. You can find that here.