This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Indie Chinese developer Digdog Studio released a cute throwback game earlier this year – Weapon Shop Fantasy.
The game has you hiring and training a staff within your smithy, while also enabling players to improve their abilities and even develop new skills. As you craft new gear and invest in your staff, you can venture out into the world and even explore dungeons.
Featured above, you can view a trailer for the game to give you a quick idea of how it looks and plays. There’s a wide range of 200 pieces of gear, over 100 missions, and over 200 skills – as well as 70 plus monsters for you to run into and defeat. You can even lure boss monsters out with food to get an advantage with the inevitable battle.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Defeat mighty (pixelated) enemies
- Collect rare materials
- Learn awesome and useful skills
- Make your own skill combinations
- Defeat monsters for new materials… or just steal them and run away
- Bring on new staff, send them on adventures, keep all of the materials they gain
- Read some hilarious (and sometimes cheesy) dialogue between some pretty silly characters
Weapon Shop Fantasy is currently available for PC, Mac, and Linux. There’s a lot more to the game beneath its retro look and feel – check out more over on its Steam page.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!