This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Blue Isle Studios (the folks behind Slender: The Arrival, Valley, etc) have been working on an ambitious, online, sandbox RPG of sorts called Citadel: Forged With Fire, and it just launched on Steam Early Access.
The game is described as a “massive online sandbox RPG” that combines elements of magic, spellcasting, and inter-kingdom strife. You play as a newly enlisted apprentice within the magic arts, and are tasked with investigating the dangerous world of Ignus.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Tame Legendary Beasts: Tame or ward off Savage Orcs, Horses, Direwolves, Dragons and more.
- Form Alliances and an Empire: Build your house, create a flag and establish a hierarchy as you prepare for war against other houses!
- Explore a Massive Fantasy World: Visit Sweeping plains, dense forests, craggy mountains, festering swamps, a frozen tundra and more…
- Study the Arcane Arts: Learn and master a wide range of powerful spells!
- Want to Fly?: Use your Wizardly prowess to take to the skies using a broomstick, a dragon, an eagle or alchemy!
- Build and Bash Epic Castles: Construct the castle of your dreams, use magic to enhance your fortress or take advantage of the dynamic destruction system and crush an opposing house.
- Character Customization: Dress your Mage the way you want, with a limitless variety of clothing and weapon options!
Featured above, you can view an overview trailer for the game. A console release for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is also planned.
Your ultimate goal is to earn a name for yourself and probably earn some notoriety or power within the ruling Houses of the land. You’ll have “complete freedom” to pursue your destiny, including building huge and sprawling castles, fighting other players, or just fighting to the top.
You can find Citadel: Forged With Fire here on Steam Early Access, for Windows PC.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!