Weaponized-Lesbian Action Game Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni Launches for PC on June 20

Marvelous has announced the release date for the PC version of Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni.

The weaponized-lesbian action game will launch for PC via Steam on June 20th. If you grab the game within its first week of sale, its price will be marked down 10% off. Featured above, you can view a new trailer showcasing the game’s cast of ladies.

If you own Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus on Steam, you can get the $39.99 “Combined Edition,” which includes Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni and all its downloadable content. If you buy Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni first, you can then get Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus at a 50% discount.

The PC version of the game is coming with 1080p and 60FPS performance, as well as support for even higher resolutions, alongside your typical Steam features like achievements, cloud saving, trading cards, and more.

Here’s a rundown on the game, via Marvelous:

In Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni a mysterious virus known as the A-Virus infects young women, transforming them into weapons known as ‘Extars’, or those that control ‘Extars’, ‘Liberators’ — however, the voluptuous Valkyries are infected with a unique strain, the VR-Virus, allowing them to take on either role at will. Proving incredibly difficult to cure, they are sent to the sun-soaked Bhikkhuni Island for quarantine where a treatment is put into place. By having the Valkyries engage in combat against one another, they can strengthen both body and mind to allow them greater control of the Virus. Who runs the island? What is the secret of the Virus? Will you choose Order or Chaos? This and more will be answered throughout your time with Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni.

Key Features

• Fully remastered in 1080p, 60fps with native support for even higher resolutions!
  • Choose between 7 unique playable characters to learn and master, each with their own playstyle!
  • Battle your way through 24 Story Missions and crank up the difficulty or change your character for even more replayability!
  • Engage in fast-paced arena-based online multiplayer with up to four players!
  • Full-featured dressing room for deep customization of all playable characters — from hair to accessories, clothing and more!
  • Print the underwear of your wildest and sexiest dreams by earning Bhikkhuni Points through combat prowess to spend on Echigoya’s revolutionary Lingerie Printer!
  • Support for both Steam cloud saving, achievements, and exclusive trading cards, plus backgrounds, emoticons and badges to unlock!

1. lucben999
    lucben999
    May 30, 2017 at 4:47 pm

Why is the imageboard version of platform wars so much like a harem anime with PC as the protag?

2. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    May 30, 2017 at 5:10 pm

And it’ll outsell its console counterparts like Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus.

3. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    May 30, 2017 at 5:11 pm

More delicious Takaki goodness.

4. Astro
    Astro
    May 30, 2017 at 5:13 pm

beats me, but it’s pretty amusing.

5. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    May 30, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Not even fucking close. Remember, it made > 14 mil since we’re not counting digital sales on Vita.

Even after royalties, Vita was still the more profitable platform so fuck off.

6. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    May 30, 2017 at 5:34 pm

>Digital sales on the Vita.
    lol. Cute how you think the Vita’s digital market is bigger than the PC.

Publisher’s don’t even get %50 of a physical copies profits. Retailers and Console Manufacturers eat up a huge chunk of that.
    PlaySation eats %30 of whatever digital sales the game made.

PC sold twice as many as Vita and PS4 physical combined.

Sit down, son. You can’t be taken serious with your rep here.

7. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    May 30, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Holy shit, it’s a lesbian leper colony?! Does the school classify as a Sanatorium?

8. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    May 30, 2017 at 6:21 pm

Because PC is Übermensch!

May 30, 2017 at 6:28 pm

VD never had that on the box.

10. catazxy
    catazxy
    May 30, 2017 at 6:29 pm

I can’t complain, even the pc requirements are surprisingly low for a port.

May 30, 2017 at 6:29 pm

It’s a great game. The characters aren’t as likeable as in Senran Kagura, but it’s still a must have for Takaki fans.

12. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    May 30, 2017 at 6:41 pm

I know you’re upset that a game got a PC port but relax.

13. GameZard
    GameZard
    May 30, 2017 at 7:40 pm

Better be completely uncensored unlike vita.

14. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    May 30, 2017 at 8:00 pm

You’re just giving percentages and nothing else faggot. Steam’s sales after royalties have only yielded a measly $1,889,370, this is chump change. Revenue after royalties on Vita are $5,114,070, and that’s just counting physical. We don’t have digital sales data on Vita but it doesn’t matter because the physical sales alone destroyed Steam’s sales.

I digress here, but even Estival versus sold worse on Steam. Only 30 fucking thousand, compared to the 400k+ (not digital) combined on vita/ps4 JUST in Japan alone.

15. dathip
    dathip
    May 30, 2017 at 9:27 pm

This is Disgusting!! All homosexuals need to die!

16. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    May 30, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Age removal is the only aceptable kind of censorship

17. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    May 30, 2017 at 11:51 pm

>Revenue after royalties on Vita are $5,114,070, and that’s just counting physical.

Does that factor stocking fees, transport and all other associated costs with physical media?

Also, don’t forget that PC games tend to have a slower start, but remain selling for a much longer period of time than on consoles.

18. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    May 30, 2017 at 11:52 pm

It will. Have you seen the stuff going on Steam lately? I’m certain I’ll see a Brazzers game over there before long.

19. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    May 30, 2017 at 11:53 pm

Great! Keep ’em coming, Japen!

20. grgspunk
    grgspunk
    May 31, 2017 at 4:09 am

You faggots whining about exclusivity/non-exclusivity need to fucking stop.

Remember, us PC and Vita gamers need to unite in order to fight the parasitic cancer that is the mobile “games” market.

21. Pilebunker
    Pilebunker
    May 31, 2017 at 4:25 am

I’m just glad some of these games are coming to a platform that we can stay on for a long time. I don’t want to have to rely on emulation to play Vita games years for now because there are no more Vitas being made. Also some niche games get brought to light. It really helped out Neptunia and Visual Novels it seems.

22. GameZard
    GameZard
    May 31, 2017 at 5:28 am

No censorship is acceptable.

23. Khirt
    Khirt
    May 31, 2017 at 8:17 am

You know, if games like these were never localized in the Vita/PS4, they would have never existed for pc. So intead of mocking the console for losing exclusives you should be thankfull to the console to be the stepping stone for getting these on pc, and the console players for pushing publishers to localising niche games.
    Let that sink.

24. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    May 31, 2017 at 8:49 am

$1,889,370 is still like 26% of the game’s total revenue. Even if it isn’t as high as the Vita version I’m not sure why you care so much, the PC port probably didn’t even cost $50K to make . That Steam money is probably 90% profit, why are you butthurt about the devs making an extra 26% off of their game?

25. Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    May 31, 2017 at 9:30 am

the vita is completely uncesored.

26. Cats736
    Cats736
    May 31, 2017 at 10:25 am

I see it more as an NTR hentai where the PC steals away the consoles games.

27. TGR
    TGR
    May 31, 2017 at 10:28 am

It doesn’t matter what he thinks. Numbers are numbers. Even a broken clock is right once. https://steamspy.com/app/411830 87k on PC heavily discounted with a total userbase surpassing 1 Billion. Fucking pathetic.

28. TGR
    TGR
    May 31, 2017 at 10:32 am

The Vita has no censorship.

29. TGR
    TGR
    May 31, 2017 at 10:33 am

Good now we can only hope you morons actually buy the cheap ass game rather than pirate it.

30. SinkingSage
    SinkingSage
    May 31, 2017 at 10:45 am

Considering the scores, those are pretty mediocre if not outright bad games, no wonder they don’t sell.

31. TGR
    TGR
    May 31, 2017 at 10:47 am

Userscore: 84% is bad? Oh well.

32. SinkingSage
    SinkingSage
    May 31, 2017 at 10:48 am

I’m talking about the score rank.

33. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    May 31, 2017 at 11:02 am

You have a source for the console numbers?

34. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    May 31, 2017 at 11:10 am

“Only 30 fucking thousand, compared to the 400k+ (not digital) combined on vita/ps4 JUST in Japan alone.”

The Japanese numbers on VG Chartz (which you linked) is only a combined 160K and with how the profit margins are they made more money off of the 90K in Steam Sales with Shinovi Versus.

The Sales for Estival Versus on PS4 and PSV combined using VGChartz as a source are only 320K, so where did you get 400K sales from?

So with Shinovi Versus not coming out on PS4, is seems that the PC is replacing that for their non-handheld releases. And the PC version sold 3 times as much as Estival Versus on the PS4. They make more profit off of the PC because there’s no aspect of physical costs. And you keep bringing up the PSV Digital numbers as if they’re crazy high?

Do you think Sony is going to make another handheld after the Vita?

35. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    May 31, 2017 at 11:11 am

It can’t possibly have anything to do with releasing the PC version after the majority of the target audience already bought it on console…

I’ll rebuy them on PC when there’s a good sale.

36. TGR
    TGR
    May 31, 2017 at 11:15 am

Around 300k+ on Japan alone based on previous articles regarding game sales combined. (For example it sold 100k on the first week it came out yet VGcharts has it at .22m or w/e that means) World wide numbers are not known since for console all we have is vgcharts and that shit is unreliable af. http://www.vgchartz.com/game/86343/tales-of-berseria/ I’m actually looking for a more reliable source myself. If you know it post it.

37. TGR
    TGR
    May 31, 2017 at 11:19 am

Eh, the sheer number of PC only gamers and its high amount of users kinda makes me wonder if the whole “but what about the ppl that already both it once” comment can even be used. Considering the small amount of Vita players as well the comparison is too sad. Not that I blame PC gamers for not buying either Atelier titles they are recycled centered anyway.

38. SinkingSage
    SinkingSage
    May 31, 2017 at 11:26 am

You do know that Berseria came out in the west a year later right? It also sold roughly the same on the western console releases.

For PS4:
    It sold 110k in the US.
    50k in Europe.

98.5k on PC is not bad at all.
    Try again.

39. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    May 31, 2017 at 11:40 am

Personally, i think its ok for a single reason. Character info screens are, maybe, the less important part of a game (in my opinion). Hell, i didnt even cared about age removal on SK games because i never found where the character info was displayed until i pressed RB by accident in the PC version. Its not even something removed from dialogs, just a label been hidden, thats why i think its acceptable.

40. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    May 31, 2017 at 12:04 pm

SteamSpy is also quite unreliable but publishers keep bringing stuff to PC.It doesn’t sell nearly as much as on consoles,that’s true,but it seems the price of porting is worth it.

41. naquanna mcnair
    naquanna mcnair
    May 31, 2017 at 12:15 pm

hey naquanna

42. Bigfatdane
    Bigfatdane
    May 31, 2017 at 12:17 pm

Personally, I blame it on the bland graphics and the dull, repetitive, button mashing gameplay that every single Marvelous game features.

No offense intended to anyone, but when more time have been sunk into making the tits jiggle like jello doing an earthquake than in any other part of the game my interest just goes poof.

43. Bigfatdane
    Bigfatdane
    May 31, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Great, another sixty dollar jiggling tit simulator in glorious 4K HD. Just what I needed to justify my 800 dollar gaming rig purchase…

As someone who actually likes Japanese games and their anime like designs, Marvelous somehow manages to piss me off for pushing out so many blend and boring button mashers.
    Yes, I have actually played one of their games and I’ve looked at several lets plays of their other games and holy fuck are they boring.

44. Armando Suetonio Amezcua
    Armando Suetonio Amezcua
    May 31, 2017 at 1:21 pm

Day one buy for me!!

45. DeeeFoo
    DeeeFoo
    May 31, 2017 at 1:48 pm

This really is one of best arguments for porting a game to PC. The computer is a timeless platform, and porting a console game to PC effectively immortalizes it. I’m primarily a console gamer, but I’m always happy when games get ported to PC, since I know they’ll still be available to me when the consoles I own become irrelevant, because I know that I will ALWAYS still have a PC.

46. Brimfyre
    Brimfyre
    May 31, 2017 at 1:53 pm

I like pretty much all the SK games. I can’t think of one I don’t like.

This game is the purest form of garbage and it makes the SK games worse as a result if you play it because it makes it seem like they are creatively bankrupt as they can’t think of a new scenario or new gameplay, other than add in even more ecchi. They came up with a pretty good premise and couldn’t think of anything to do with it than stick them in another fucking school setting.

Also the characters are lifeless and 1 dimensional as opposed to the SK characters who are all for the most part fully realized (with some exceptions of course).

And God I hate that brainless tall one that wants to eat everything more than anything. The other things might make the game passable but her existence makes the entire thing unplayable.

TL;DR if you like the SK games, do yourself a favor and DON’T play this game.

47. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    May 31, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Just because people game on PC doesn’t mean that they’re interested in these games. They’re fairly niche (ha!) titles on any platform.

48. Su0h
    Su0h
    May 31, 2017 at 3:40 pm

Lmao. You show him Malcolm.

49. GameZard
    GameZard
    May 31, 2017 at 8:56 pm

it did. They removed the ages so the esrb would not bitch about it. It seems no games on consoles can be completely uncensored.

50. GameZard
    GameZard
    May 31, 2017 at 8:57 pm

Nope as They removed the ages.

51. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    May 31, 2017 at 9:57 pm

I bought it on the Shita and I will gladly buy it again (if its fairly priced).

52. Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    May 31, 2017 at 9:59 pm

eh, considering they’re legally underage in america, it’s understandable. I’ll take hiding ages any day over the game being completely altered or not released at all.

53. Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    May 31, 2017 at 10:08 pm

I personally disagree while still seeing where you’re coming from. I liked the game, the gameplay was really nice (I liked how different it felt from SK and the focus on explorations, if anything, I think the stages were more memorable in VD than SK) and the story was good enough that it kept me entertained, I found some characters interesting (like Mana, she was a nice surprise since I thought she was just gonna be “the shy one” but that ended up not being the case) and I do think they did a good job with the world building.

However, I do agree is below Every SK game when it comes to characters, they’re just not as charismatic or likable. SPECIALLY Manpukumaru (She is what I thought Hibari was gonna be, a brain dead idiot who acts like a lobotomized child and no one cares, Hibari completely broke out of that and gained my respect but not this one)

54. Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    May 31, 2017 at 10:10 pm

well, not everything is for everyone, If Beat-em-ups or Musous aren’t your thing, of course you’re not gonna like this.

55. TGR
    TGR
    May 31, 2017 at 10:16 pm

…You can’t be serious.

56. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    May 31, 2017 at 11:37 pm

Would you honestly say this is on the same level as other beat em ups/musous? Genuinely curious.

57. InfectedAI
    InfectedAI
    May 31, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Doesn’t Berseria still have Denuvo? I know that’s why I didn’t buy it.

58. GameZard
    GameZard
    June 1, 2017 at 2:25 am

Sadly no as they really thought removing the ages was a good idea.

59. GameZard
    GameZard
    June 1, 2017 at 2:26 am

I rather it not be released at all on consoles if it will be censored. All censorship is wrong.

60. Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    June 1, 2017 at 7:21 am

Well,not this one in particular. I find it a good game with nice controls and interesting ideas (since it’s the first, and so far only, Valkyrie drive game, it feels like a proof of concept more than anything).

But if we’re taking about Senran Kagura, then absolutely yes. Estival Versus is still one of my most played games, I’d even say it’s my favorite of the type right now. (And said that having played Hyrule Warriors legends and One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 after it, yet I still come back to SK more than those two).

61. Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    Loli de 42 Ex-Maridos
    June 1, 2017 at 7:22 am

I hate censorship too but I think it’s a small enough compromise, to each their own I guess.

62. EroBotan
    EroBotan
    June 1, 2017 at 12:05 pm

what the mobile games do to you? they have their own market and since you’re not their audience I suggest to move along and focus on things that you like.

63. Eden
    Eden
    June 2, 2017 at 1:57 am

Meh, carpet munchers aren’t my cup of tea…something about them just gives me cancer.

64. grgspunk
    grgspunk
    June 2, 2017 at 8:09 am

What did the mobile market do to me? I don’t know, maybe it completely and utterly decimated the handheld gaming market by diverting game developers to create pay-to-win freemium crap on mobile?

65. EroBotan
    EroBotan
    June 2, 2017 at 11:02 am

If what you said it’s true then that’s not their fault at all. You simply loves something that are not popular anymore.

I can understand your sadness, like i love old school beatemup but no one make them anymore because everyone are so busy making open world RPG with graphic that make current generation computers crawls even with medium setting but we have to accept reality and move on. It’s free market.

66. grgspunk
    grgspunk
    June 2, 2017 at 11:13 am

Not popular anymore? Dude, all they did was tap into a market that didn’t know any better and is stupid enough to pay inordinate amounts for worthless IAPs: the “whales”.

67. GolSil2468
    GolSil2468
    June 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Retarded false flag detected.

68. le master trole
    le master trole
    June 4, 2017 at 2:09 pm

stay mad

At this point I think you’re just falseflagging to make Sony fans look bad. I mean nobod can unironically be this much of a zealot, right?…

69. Pilebunker
    Pilebunker
    June 6, 2017 at 7:25 pm

The mobile market really disappointed me. I thought it was going to be a gold mine of visual novels and adventure games like 999 since those would work very well on a small screen that lacks the input of a controller. Instead we get a shit ton of early 2000s tier flash games that super saturated the market. Now we actually get legitimate games, but many are abundant with pseudo gambling elements that always require you to be online or connected to WI-FI. Not much of a problem in Japan or in your room but I don’t have infinite data so that’s a no go. And at home I could be playing something else.

Also don’t know why you said “games”. They’re still video games despite many being the 200th clone of a NES or flash game.

70. grgspunk
    grgspunk
    June 6, 2017 at 10:14 pm

Bull-fucking-shit they’re real “games”. They’re not even flash games or NES clones. They’re just mere extensions of the game companies’ bank accounts. Nothing more.

I have no interest in acknowledging any title that deliberately attempts to frustrate its players into paying exorbiant amounts of real-life cash for worthless IAPs just to get even get a semblance of gameplay.

Doing so would mean that I have to acknowledge this mobile-based freemium shit as being a legitimate gameplay model for other platforms.

71. grgspunk
    grgspunk
    June 8, 2017 at 8:31 am

Don’t get complacent. You never know what kind of changes Microsoft might do to the next Windows OS to make your games non-backwards compatible. It’s best to embrace a mix of consoles, handhelds and the PC as a means of preservation through redundancy.

72. GameZard
    GameZard
    September 2, 2017 at 3:55 am

Berseria bombed on all platforms. Good as that game is a censored piece of shit. HA!