Senran Kagura: Estival Versus Heads to PC in March 2017 Alongside Battle Vixens DLC

XSEED Games has announced a PC release for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus.

The game will launch for PC via Steam sometime this March, following its PlayStation 4 and PS Vita release last year.

The company also confirmed that the game’s post-launch downloadable content will finally come west alongside the PC version in March, including the Battle Vixens (Ikki Tousen) pack, which adds Sun Ce, Lu Bu, and Guan Yu as playable characters. This means the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita versions will get the DLC at the same time.

Here’s a rundown on the game, via XSEED:

In Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, a mystical phenomenon transports the nubile ninjas of the titular series to a parallel dimension to face off against their rivals in a new kind of battle. In this strange world – which resembles a sunny, sandy island paradise – the girls are thrown for another loop as they encounter departed loved ones and ultimately have to decide if they can bear to part from them a second time. The Windows PC version of Estival Versus follows successful Steam releases of previous entries in the Senran Kagura series, including Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Senran Kagura: Bon Appétit! – Full Course.

With over twenty-five playable characters, making this the biggest roster in the series’ history, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus boasts more moves, more story, more attitude, and more destruction online with matches that can support up to 10 players (Windows PC and PS4 system versions only; “PS Vita” system supports up to 4 players). All of the series’ previous Shinobi girls return with a host of upgraded moves to master, and new playable characters offer more challenges to conquer, along with a story that’s equal parts sexy and shocking, serious and scandalous, busty and bouncy.

The faithful adaptation to PC has been handled by the original developers at Marvelous Inc. and Tamsoft, with added Steamworks support including Steam Achievements, leaderboards, cloud saves, and trading cards.

In case you missed it, you can find our review for Senran Kagura: Estival Versus here (we highly recommend it!).

, , ,

1. Eldhin Hellknight
    Eldhin Hellknight
    February 13, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Fucking beautiful news

2. Pocketmarmots
    Pocketmarmots
    February 13, 2017 at 5:47 pm

YEEEAUH

Seriously, I’ve been waiting so long for this. I could’ve played it on Vita, but I had to hold out.

3. Pocketmarmots
    Pocketmarmots
    February 13, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Now we just need Peach Beach. >.>

4. Gale
    Gale
    February 13, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Wow, yeah, woo! Two years after Japan got them. And we get them right before the release of the “We’ll just mod them in to our game” edition on PC.
    Glad PC players get to play the game, though.

Now, let’s talk the REAL problem here:
    Why the fuck did they localize the names as who the girls are based on, and not their actual Japanese names?

5. Nagato
    Nagato
    February 13, 2017 at 5:54 pm

Good news, hopefully Xseed has Trails of Cold Steel and more Ys coming up for PC as well.

6. Richard
    Richard
    February 13, 2017 at 5:55 pm

YES! Finally!

7. buddyluv324
    buddyluv324
    February 13, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I think that the blame could go to Tokyopop since they’re the ones
    who published Ikki Tousen in the States.

8. Malcolm_Ecks
    Malcolm_Ecks
    February 13, 2017 at 6:27 pm

Likely. Most of the games of those franchises are already on Steam.

9. Gale
    Gale
    February 13, 2017 at 6:27 pm

We’ll never know, though, because Xseed won’t go in to detail ever.

10. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    February 13, 2017 at 6:28 pm

Did they go by these names in the western “Battle Vixens” localization?

11. Gale
    Gale
    February 13, 2017 at 6:35 pm

The used the Japanese names.

12. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    February 13, 2017 at 6:38 pm

Huh that’s weird, that means part of the issue was with the Japanese end of things, wasnt expecting that.

13. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    February 13, 2017 at 6:42 pm

finally getting the Ikki Tousen girls yay

14. GameZard
    GameZard
    February 13, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Are their anyone that still believes that Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash will not come to PC?

15. GameZard
    GameZard
    February 13, 2017 at 7:15 pm

Well we can just mod in the correct names.

16. Dewey Defeats Truman
    Dewey Defeats Truman
    February 13, 2017 at 7:24 pm

I’m not a PC guy but I’m glad those that are get to play this game. It’s not perfect but I had a total blast with it and it’s genuinely one of my favorites of 2016.

I’m probably gonna buy the new character DLC too, just for their costumes since I’m an awful person. I got way too into character customization with this game.

17. Zanard Bell
    Zanard Bell
    February 13, 2017 at 7:24 pm

There will be lots of splashing. Ah, bless the Machine Gods.

18. Armando Suetonio Amezcua
    Armando Suetonio Amezcua
    February 13, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Just a sad chotocolate yihadist loser maybe.

February 13, 2017 at 7:51 pm

The Ikki Tousen characters may be the only DLC that I won’t get for this game, but good for those who wanted them.

20. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    February 13, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Oh its definitely coming, don’t think anyone would still think that. Only question is if its worth waiting for if you have both a PS4 and a decent gaming PC just for the ability to upscale the graphics with GeDoSaTo. The port delay for them is almost a year. It’s a little different then the difference between playing a game on the Vita vs it ported to PC.

If you don’t also have a PS4 then its still totally awesome though even with the delay, just play other games in your probably massive Steam back catalogue.

21. Kessek
    Kessek
    February 13, 2017 at 8:36 pm

I was able to bust many nuts while playing this game.

highly recommended! A+++++++++!

22. A Loli de 42 Anos atrasada
    A Loli de 42 Anos atrasada
    February 13, 2017 at 9:15 pm

At long Last…

23. Laytonaster
    Laytonaster
    February 13, 2017 at 9:28 pm

w00t!

24. JoeSislack
    JoeSislack
    February 13, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Rights issues are always a bitch. It’s why we will never get any other Macross series outside of Japan and of course the recent news of Saban being an asshole with anything that even resembles the Power Rangers.

25. Kiryu
    Kiryu
    February 14, 2017 at 12:08 am

Ikki Tousen dlc ooh yes!!
    Thank you Kenichiro Takaki,praise the life and hometown king he never disappoints.

26. Zack Attack
    Zack Attack
    February 14, 2017 at 1:16 am

From having played the PS4 version, this game is a lot of fun. My first Senran Kagura game owned. Always awesome to open up to more platforms so then everyone can play it and I can get this on a gaming PC when I get around it.

27. Zack Attack
    Zack Attack
    February 14, 2017 at 1:22 am

It’s going to, I not one of those people to get angry about it. For as long as I get to play it on PS4, the PC version can be the same day and all I will say is that would be great so then PC owners don’t have to wait.

28. Zack Attack
    Zack Attack
    February 14, 2017 at 1:28 am

That is true, I just don’t get why Xseed/ Arc System Works delay the PC versions of their games like this. It is just annoying to be honest.

29. Kelborne
    Kelborne
    February 14, 2017 at 3:32 am

IKR. So nice they didn’t forget about us.

30. Vernify
    Vernify
    February 14, 2017 at 6:00 am

Well this some fantastic news. I was not expecting the Ikki Tousen DLC, but that simply sweetens the deal and makes me more excited to pick this up on PC.

31. totenglocke
    totenglocke
    February 14, 2017 at 7:59 am

Seeing how Peach Beach seems to be focused on multiplayer, the PC version is automatically better since you won’t have to pay a tax to play online.

32. BaronKrause
    BaronKrause
    February 14, 2017 at 8:12 am

Yeah that’s totally ridiculous, though if you play PS4 games you probably already have it anyway.

Wonder how the PC online holds up after a few months, i assume the amount of people playing the games on PC are less. I remember the 4th Naruto game had pretty much 3 people on it after 4 months on Steam, and they were all so good it was like walking into a blender. Sucks that the 2 online communities need to be separated as I can imagine SV’s online is like that now.

33. Alistair
    Alistair
    February 14, 2017 at 8:49 am

Is it true that ps4 and vita getting that DLC or only a PC exclusive?

34. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    February 14, 2017 at 8:56 am

All platforms will get it as DLC.

35. alterku
    alterku
    February 14, 2017 at 11:01 am

I own both these games on Vita and will one day want to own them on PC too, for the enhanced performance (and potentially certain mods). Great news.

36. Cael
    Cael
    February 14, 2017 at 11:38 am

>Sun Ce, Lu Bu, and Guan Yu
    Just use the Japanese names. I have no idea who these characters are in Ikkitousen because no one ever uses them.

37. Jigsy
    Jigsy
    February 14, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Still holding my breath for Shinovi Versus on GOG.

38. Cael
    Cael
    February 14, 2017 at 1:44 pm

Just read the reason and the reason is retarded.

39. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    February 14, 2017 at 2:55 pm

Tokyopop is the 4kids of manga. Fuck them.

40. Fenrir007
    Fenrir007
    February 14, 2017 at 6:17 pm

I’m glad for this! We need life and hometown in stable 60 fps.

41. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    February 14, 2017 at 7:50 pm

Are they?

Tokyopop are inconsistent, often incompetent and cheap but they don’t have a strong trend for censorship.

I don’t mean to bash Viz, but they have high profile cases where they have refused to uncensor manga with later prints with One Piece (mostly fine) and Dragon Ball (less consistent) in general being two examples.

Sure, in the former case, Viz copied 4Kids to the point that Zolo is their English name but they shouldn’t be shallow enough to copy an unaccurate translation for the sake of matching a bad dub.

42. Trouble Man
    Trouble Man
    February 14, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Every girl in that picture has the same face and body with a different wig and pair of colored contacts.

43. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    February 15, 2017 at 6:05 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t remember them releasing the Initial-D manga IP uncensored. Also I was more or less referring to their Americanizing dialogue with just about every title they got their hands on. It’s also extremely apparent and cringeworthy in their anime releases such as Rave Master.

While I am weary of anything VIZ publishes and will admit that they are just as bad if not worse than Tokyopop I can at least give them credit for re-releasing Tenjho Tenge uncensored after CMX lied and fucked it up. Something I don’t believe Tokyopop would ever do.

44. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    February 16, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Yep I wonder as I don’t know if they are like Ayane where you cannot strip them and they don’t have any sort of transformation as that was alittle disappointing oh well guess I will find out when they launch

45. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    February 16, 2017 at 5:41 pm

Gotcha, I’ve only sampled a small amount of Tokyopop’s wares which seem to have been pretty good with Welcome to the NHK to my memory even avoiding Americanisation as far as I remember. Planetes was really good too.

I think every manga publisher from that era has screwed up something whether it is printing it L to R, releasing it censored or so on. I’m especially harsh on Viz as despite them correcting some releases, they still have hundreds of volumes which won’t get corrected whether it is a big series (too lazy even with new prints) or smaller series (which has almost no value to do over but they shouldn’t have screwed it up).

I think Tokyopop would fix a translation and release something like Tenjho Tenge uncensored, but they are basically on the other side of the coin. A(n) (un)dead company which we hope others take the properties of and improve.

Never heard anything good about CMX but I literally own one volume of their wares.

46. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    February 16, 2017 at 7:18 pm

well that is at least better than Ayane