New Gameplay Trailer for Vikings: Wolves of Midgard

Kalypso Media and developer Games Farm have released a new trailer for Vikings: Wolves of Midgard.

Featured above, the new footage shows off the latest build of their top-down, hack-and-slash game set in a world after the apocalyptic Ragnarok.

You’ll be able to play by yourself or cooperatively with a friend in two player online. You can unlock new skills, as well as find new gear, and battle through four difficulty levels.

If you pre-order the game on Steam, you’ll get a 15% discount. Pre-ordering the game will also nab you a special digital art book, the game’s soundtrack, a free outfit for both vikings, extra beard styles, and additional tribal jewelry for female vikings.

Vikings – Wolves of Midgard is launching sometime early this year across PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Windows PC, Mac and SteamOS.

1. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    January 17, 2017 at 3:59 am

I think I’m ready for a little more realism in this genre.Maybe not fight a billion enemies at once.Slow the action down a bit.Make the game a little harder.Make the enemies you face matter.

2. Lee
    Lee
    January 17, 2017 at 4:48 am

I think I know what you mean. Like, marrying action-hacknslash-workout-dungeon-crawler-type of game like Diablo and this one with a slower, tactical approach on harder enemy. Right? Like that game, Jotun, but more crowded and alive, with visuals of this game and a bit strategy on tackling enemies.

3. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    January 17, 2017 at 5:12 am

Yes.Strategy is something foreign to this genre and I love to see that changed.If enemies were tougher to deal with and the action was slower you’d need to develop some sort of tactics for every encounter.

4. Feniks
    Feniks
    January 17, 2017 at 8:25 am

Wait pre ordering gets you a discount now?! How ridiculous.

5. AR7777
    AR7777
    January 17, 2017 at 9:22 am

I don’t like those slowdown kills in this type of games.

6. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    January 17, 2017 at 10:21 am

I tried it over a year ago and I sucked at it.I couldn’t understand the control scheme but I’ll give it another go once it’s out of early access.I loved what I saw in it and hopefully I’ll get a hang of the controls.

7. Chris Mendivil
    Chris Mendivil
    January 17, 2017 at 2:02 pm

I still prefer Diablo 2. That’s probably still the best thing in between Diablo 3 hack n slash and slower, harder dungeon crawlers and also what started my obsession with building a character.

8. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    January 17, 2017 at 2:43 pm

D2 is still an amazing game.
    But when it comes to building characters I think Path of Exile offers the best experience.

9. Chris Mendivil
    Chris Mendivil
    January 17, 2017 at 3:12 pm

I haven’t played that, but if you say so, I’m gonna look into it ^^

10. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    January 17, 2017 at 4:21 pm

It’s free so I don’t think there’s any harm in trying.

11. Morunier
    Morunier
    January 19, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Well, at least it’s not click to move, but it still seems to use an iffy targeting system that screws everything up and the dodge roll is purely cosmetic. Western RPG developers are very, very slow learners when it comes to action games and it frustrates the hell out of me. At this point I think they should stick to turn-based exclusively.

Who the fuck is going to play this instead of Nier? They’re completely out of touch.