Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Western PS4 Release Set for June 2017

NIS America has announced the western release date for Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls on PlayStation 4.

The action-adventure spinoff set within the Danganronpa series will launch on June 23rd in Europe and on June 27th in North America. NIS America is also releasing the game via retail and the PlayStation Store.

There’s also a $54.99 limited edition available exclusively on the NIS America Store, which includes:

• Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PlayStation®4)
  • 32 page, hardcover art book
  • 15 track, single disc original soundtrack with jewel case
  • Collector’s box
  • Warriors of Hope 4.5″ Diameter Tie Clip
  • Warriors of Hope Pin
  • Kurokuma Tie
  • Kurokuma Eyepatch

A PC version of the game is planned via Spike Chunsoft, however a date hasn’t been confirmed at this time.

1. Klarktastic
    Klarktastic
    January 17, 2017 at 3:45 pm

lol massive spoilers for the second game as the header top kek

2. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    January 17, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Can’t wait for all the DR “fans” who only watched LPs of the games to experience the dismal gameplay of AE and be as disappointed as I was by this shitshow. Actually, they’ll probably delude themselves about it anyway.

3. Tristan (Chili1)
    Tristan (Chili1)
    January 17, 2017 at 4:36 pm

I hear part of the problem was its controls, which should be aided in the PC version.

4. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    January 17, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Is this “should” as in “ought to be” or as in “will likely be”? Because I strongly suspect based on previous ports it will be the former but not the latter. The control scheme wasn’t a huge factor in it playing like ass anyway in my opinion.

5. Feniks
    Feniks
    January 17, 2017 at 5:12 pm

I played Danganronpa 1 and 2 on my laptop with a xbox360 controller. Very comfy. I’m not interested in this game since Danganronpa should stay as a VN. I play these games for the story and characters and this spinoff looks underwhelming in that department.

6. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    January 17, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I feel it’s lacking in that department too, though not quite as marked as the godawful gameplay and I can understand people thinking otherwise. The DR team really overestimated their capabilities with this game, though they’ve been trying and failing in the gameplay department since SDR2’s shitty minigames (eg. the Monomi game) now that I think about it.

7. PenguinPlayer
    PenguinPlayer
    January 17, 2017 at 7:03 pm

I bought this day 1 on the Vita and I loved it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

8. PenguinPlayer
    PenguinPlayer
    January 17, 2017 at 7:05 pm

Yeah, that header, it’s a bit too much. On the other hand, Niche Gamer is only following the lead of Spike Chunsoft, who doesn’t really seem to give a fuck about spoiling the shit of the franchise whenever a new one comes out and expects everyone ever to have played the previous game before the next one is announced.

9. Klarktastic
    Klarktastic
    January 17, 2017 at 7:52 pm

Yeah but the character in the header isn’t even in this specific game. I don’t understand the logic behind it. Why not use one of the monokumas from the game instead for example?

10. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    January 17, 2017 at 8:11 pm

Nice shitpost faggot.

11. 真・女神転生
    真・女神転生
    January 18, 2017 at 2:35 am

What, this franchise isn’t dead yet?

12. Himegami Aisa
    Himegami Aisa
    January 18, 2017 at 6:07 am

It was one of the fan images that were trying to pass off as leaked screenshots from the game. Whoever wrote the article likely just googled it and wasn’t aware of this.

13. MusouTensei
    MusouTensei
    January 18, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Nice, once the Reload of 1&2 hits the PS4 I’m going into the series.