English Trophies for Puyo Puyo Tetris on PS4 Discovered

It seems like Sega is readying to announce yet another surprise localization.

English trophies for the PlayStation 4 game Puyo Puyo Tetris have surfaced, via tracker exophase. This is typically pretty solid evidence to the game being localized.

The puzzle game combines both Puyo Puyo and Tetris, and it was originally released for both PlayStation 4, PS Vita, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, and Xbox One in Japan.

We’ve reached out to Sega for a comment – if anything we’ll get a response after the New Year (PR is off on holiday).

1. SuperDuperSenpai
    SuperDuperSenpai
    December 30, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Might have to double dip for this one.

2. Dewey Defeats Truman
    Dewey Defeats Truman
    December 30, 2016 at 7:39 pm

Is this any good? I mean, I dig Puyo Puyo, and I dig Tetris, but I never really looked into this game.

3. SuperDuperSenpai
    SuperDuperSenpai
    December 30, 2016 at 7:52 pm

If you like both, then yes, it’s definitely worth picking up. Even if you preferred one style to the other, you can use that style exclusively even when playing online or with others. It’s been a while since I’ve played, but there might be some stages in the single player mode where you’re locked to one, though.

There’s even a special mode where both puyo and tetriminos are dropping at once, which is pretty crazy to master.

4. Dewey Defeats Truman
    Dewey Defeats Truman
    December 30, 2016 at 8:31 pm

Sounds cool, if this ever amounts to anything (which it probably will) I’ll keep my eyes out for it.

5. SuperDuperSenpai
    SuperDuperSenpai
    December 30, 2016 at 8:55 pm

I personally think it’ll just be an Asian release with ENG translated menus. Hell, the JPN version was pretty cheap last I checked, and there are menu translations online if you’re in the mood for importing. Unless you really care about the story.

6. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    December 30, 2016 at 10:41 pm

I’d buy it

7. Zufield
    Zufield
    December 31, 2016 at 8:52 am

It’s essentially Puyo Puyo Tsu beerslammed with modern “Tetris Guideline” Tetris. There should be a PSTriple demo available over at the moon PSN store, if you’re on the fence.