Persona 5 Live Stream Premiering First English Gameplay November 16

persona-5-11-12-16-1

Atlus has announced a new livestream for Persona 5.

The new livestream will kick off on November 16th at 12PM Pacific / 3PM Eastern, on Twitch. Atlus will premiere the first English gameplay for Persona 5 during the broadcast.

Here’s a brief rundown on what to expect, via Atlus:

“We’re the Phantom Thieves of Hearts and we’re back to leak some more juicy Persona 5 news! We’ve successfully forced Atlus to finally show the first English gameplay of Persona 5, and they’re going to debut it at their ‘Let Us Start the Game’ live stream event on November 16. We’re warning them to make it the biggest live stream they’ve ever done, so expect special guest, giveaways, and the latest Persona 5 news. Be sure to tune in to http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa on November 16 at 12:00 p.m. PST for the show.”

Persona 5 is set to release in Japan on September 15th and in North America on February 14th for PS4 and PS3.

1. Guin
    Guin
    November 12, 2016 at 1:58 pm

>Featuring Engrish onry gameplay after you backed out from that poll.

Kek la Kek Atlus USA

2. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    November 12, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Poll? Please tell, it sounds like controversy.

3. Bitterbear
    Bitterbear
    November 12, 2016 at 2:02 pm

Anyone has a pic(drawing) of the Persona 5 ensemble? I want to photoshop it by replacing their heads with the ones from the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime.

4. Guin
    Guin
    November 12, 2016 at 2:05 pm

Atlus sent a tweet poll deciding how the fans want their games to be in: Dual Audio or Dub only. You can use your imagination from there.

5. Leandro Teixeira
    Leandro Teixeira
    November 12, 2016 at 2:11 pm

Oh man, are the results out? I really want to see that

6. Guin
    Guin
    November 12, 2016 at 2:25 pm

It ended and in Atlus USA fashion deleted the tweet.

7. Leandro Teixeira
    Leandro Teixeira
    November 12, 2016 at 2:29 pm

Figures, it would be a problem to them if there was any kind of evidence that the fans want dual audio

8. OSad
    OSad
    November 12, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Bullshit fam, the results aren’t out yet. At least internet archive link the tweet before saying it’s a fact.

They’ve just said they reached their sample size, whatever that means. Whatever they decide to do about Dual-Audio based on that survey could very well come out of this coming stream too.

It says gameplay in English is featured, not that it’s the only thing in there. I’m all for calling out anti-consumer practices in companies, but there’s no reason they would have put the survey out if they weren’t reaching out on this issue, especially since they’ve already tried to justify why Dual Audio isn’t viable most of the time. Don’t try to find a smoking gun without hearing the gunshot first.

9. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    November 12, 2016 at 2:38 pm

>especially since they’ve already tried to justify why Dual Audio isn’t viable most of the time.

It’s always viable. Sorry, bruv.

10. OSad
    OSad
    November 12, 2016 at 2:39 pm

I wasn’t backing it up, I don’t like it either. I said they *tried* to justify it isn’t most of the time.

11. Guin
    Guin
    November 12, 2016 at 2:39 pm

K, I admit that part I got wrong. Can’t always hawk on their every move.

12. Immahnoob
    Immahnoob
    November 12, 2016 at 2:42 pm

So the poll is 1 year old?

13. OSad
    OSad
    November 12, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Every poll in this regard I could find on google dates to around a year ago, the most recent one being this tweet:

So yeah, I guess all the polls on the issue are quite old. I was fucking retarded for not checking that date though.

14. Leandro Teixeira
    Leandro Teixeira
    November 12, 2016 at 2:55 pm

And yet they keep denying us dual audio. If it isn’t “economically viable” just release it as paid DLC, I bet most people would pay for it (if they don’t ask 50 bucks for it or something)

15. True Goddess Reincarnation
    True Goddess Reincarnation
    November 12, 2016 at 3:05 pm

>special guests
    oh so you mean your voice acting buddies you sons of bitches

16. Tristan (Chili1)
    Tristan (Chili1)
    November 12, 2016 at 5:18 pm

I don’t understand; why would someone pick dub only? I like English dubs but more options is always better.

17. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    November 12, 2016 at 7:12 pm

All I want to know. Will it be censored? I can deal with some shitty dub, though it would be great of they made Japanese audio dlc.

18. Zero Eternity
    Zero Eternity
    November 12, 2016 at 10:40 pm

twitch

19. Zero Eternity
    Zero Eternity
    November 12, 2016 at 10:42 pm

I think this might have been the poll where you had English dubs only plus limited edition or dual audio. Something like that, where they basically rigged the poll from the start. It might have been a different poll that did that I can’t remember, so don’t take this as truth.

20. Migi
    Migi
    November 13, 2016 at 1:46 am

Actually your not really wrong on anything. If you considering how many time ATLUS had these polls and how they always close in 5 sec and nobody ever get’s the detailed results, And not to mention them always making ppl chose between Free day 1 stuff or dual audio so they kinda hoping ppl would vote out dual audio and them not showing the resuts show majority actually wants dual audio.

John Hardin is so full of shit even in this twitter example he tries to throw it aside by saying we are more vocal, Making it seems we are still the minority while releasing a niche game you need anykinda fans you can get.

I vote with my wallet and so ATLUS can go fuck themselves with their Fake ”We Care Policy And Fake Ass Polls”

21. OSad
    OSad
    November 13, 2016 at 2:12 am

What is the poll you mentioned in your OP by the way? Was it one of those I posted or is there a more recent one?

Not contesting it or anything, I’m just curious at this point.

22. djluke_1993
    djluke_1993
    November 13, 2016 at 9:01 am

Gladly. Not like it’s going to affect the experience of the game at all.

23. MusouTensei
    MusouTensei
    November 13, 2016 at 12:09 pm

If they tone down or even change certain themes because they think the west is to weak to see them in fiction, then it will.

24. Narmy
    Narmy
    November 13, 2016 at 5:38 pm

I dunno, there were some parts that seemed almost impossible to translate, so I wonder how they are going to handle that.

25. djluke_1993
    djluke_1993
    November 14, 2016 at 12:35 am

Because it’s easily not. The only thing that would affect my experience is if they decided to remove stuff or/and Deep Silver use the American English and not British English.

26. Snorlaxation
    Snorlaxation
    November 14, 2016 at 9:49 pm

I have mad respect for sloppy seconds (what with me being one). Also, those eyes are hypnotic.

27. Snorlaxation
    Snorlaxation
    November 14, 2016 at 9:50 pm

when have persona games (since P3 at least) ever been censored?

28. Snorlaxation
    Snorlaxation
    November 14, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Well, I’ll definitely be there.

29. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    November 14, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Yeah, but you never know.