Check Out the English Trailer for Ryuji Sakamoto from Persona 5

Atlus USA has uploaded their third video in a series of character trailers for the highly anticipated Persona 5, this time featuring Ryuji Sakamoto.

Like with the two trailers that came before it, Ryuji’s trailer was also uploaded with an interview with the character’s voice actor, Max Mittelman, which you can view in the video above.

Persona 5 is slated to release in North America and Europe on February 14th, 2017 for the PS3 and PS4.

Alexis Nascimento-Lajoie

Writer at Niche Gamer. Passionate for video game journalism, and more than glad to be a part of it. I also write DOTA 2 stuff.

1. Michael Richardson
    Michael Richardson
    November 2, 2016 at 11:22 am

Cue bitching about lack of Japanese audio.

2. Luis Diaz
    Luis Diaz
    November 2, 2016 at 11:24 am

Inb4 “muh dual audio or pre-order cancelled”

3. Jigsy
    Jigsy
    November 2, 2016 at 11:27 am

No Japanese audio, no buy.

4. Cael
    Cael
    November 2, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Needs dual audio.

5. Lea Pastillaroja
    Lea Pastillaroja
    November 2, 2016 at 12:09 pm

I hope this get’s Japanesse audio
    It’s beyond obvious that whoever buy’s a Persona game does so because they love Japanese stuff so not including the option for Japanese Audio would be fucking retarded

6. Chocolate ISISCream
    Chocolate ISISCream
    November 2, 2016 at 12:13 pm

>inb4 weeaboo faggots come in and demand muh JP dubs with english subs

Fuck off fags, he sounds great.

7. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    November 2, 2016 at 12:38 pm

These 30 second videos are a pretty awful way to show off the English dub.

8. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    November 2, 2016 at 12:43 pm

>expecting dual audio from Atlus
    Just learn to decipher moonrunes

9. Jigsy
    Jigsy
    November 2, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I’m kidding. I had no plans to buy this game.

Also, 勉強しています。

10. Smug
    Smug
    November 2, 2016 at 1:12 pm

TOO BAD SENPAI-KUN

11. Minuteworld92
    Minuteworld92
    November 2, 2016 at 1:16 pm

meh

atlus must truly care about their western audience if their home country get’s AAA+ voices and when it’s time to localize it for us, they remove those godly voices and replaces them with nobody starting va’s who do a meh job at best just for a paycheck.

I used to be a fatlus fanboy but if they do not give us dual audio in the game or via dlc, I will lose alot of respect for them. there is no fucking reason for no dual audio nay excuse to not have dual audio for your jrpg in the current year when smaller companies time and time again gave us the option.

to be fair, this voice actor seems okay-ish but not every voice actor will BE okay-ish and I don’t want to have to stick with one language that’s meh when I have another language that has everything and the kitchen sink.

12. Kiryu
    Kiryu
    November 2, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Is there a positive way to show off English dub?

13. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    November 2, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Probably not, but they could at least do one of the PVs so you can hear more than 2 lines per character.

14. Dago
    Dago
    November 2, 2016 at 2:22 pm

So many people complaining about the peple complaining for the lack of JP audio…
    Is it so hard to understand not all of us speak english natively and therefore do not want a game dubbed in a language that isn´t our native language?

I would tolarate a dub it if it was in my native language.

15. Alister
    Alister
    November 2, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Awesome voice acting, can’t wait for this game to be released. This is what I pre-ordered it take your heart Edition.

16. Alister
    Alister
    November 2, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Testify. Okay dude I just love you. It’s nice to have an ally for once. Keep speaking your mind brother.

17. Alister
    Alister
    November 2, 2016 at 3:21 pm

And apologies if you’re female because I called you brother.

18. Bob Smith
    Bob Smith
    November 2, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I don’t even know how you dubfags determine what’s great or not. These fucks all sound the exact same to me.

19. Chensaw
    Chensaw
    November 2, 2016 at 3:42 pm

I would tolerate dubs in any language but in usa they just don’t know how to act and they always end up sounding too fake.

20. Fear Me I Am Free
    Fear Me I Am Free
    November 2, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Which is weird because I thought the dub for 3 was really good, but this is not.

21. Leandro Teixeira
    Leandro Teixeira
    November 2, 2016 at 5:57 pm

My JP copy is inbound from PlayAsia. Atlus doing dual or original audio is pure illusion, I even doubt it will come has DLC later because they’ve been radio silent about it ever since they started “considering” it and I’m not willing to wait 4 months just to find out it won’t come

22. Kaijuu
    Kaijuu
    November 2, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Sounds… acceptable. I’d still like for these previews to have some longer lines that showcase more of each VA’s range but the fact that I don’t hear dozens of other characters with the same voice in my head is a good start.

Still, I’ll stand by my preference for being able to hear the original language and buy whatever version lets me access that, JP or NA. I can only hope we get information about dual audio sooner rather than later.

23. Post Konami Kojima
    Post Konami Kojima
    November 2, 2016 at 8:25 pm

>judging a 60+ hour rpg’s voice acting based on a 30 second clip

24. tBanzai
    tBanzai
    November 2, 2016 at 9:51 pm

PLEASE pressure atlus to do dual audio, even if they need to do it as paid dlc in order to pay for the licensing cost for the voices.

25. bdp
    bdp
    November 2, 2016 at 10:28 pm

They couldn’t even get him to say his character’s name right?

26. Snorlaxation
    Snorlaxation
    November 6, 2016 at 7:06 am

Fuuka 1, most of chie 1, a little of chie 2, and definitely Rise 2. Those were the only times I legitimately didn’t like the dub voice actors. But Honestly, I tolerated them, and enjoyed the rest.

Atlus doesn’t do bad dubs overall, though sometimes things do fall through the cracks.

Even If this guy’s pronunciation of sakamoto grates on me, I still like his voice. and Knowing what I do about the character, since I pretty much gave up on waiting, I think he’s a good fit