New Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Trailer Unveils Team Skull, New Pokemon

The Pokemon Company has revealed a new trailer for Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.

Featured above, the new trailer confirms yesterday’s leak, including the new villains Team Skull, the new Pokemon, and of course, the new variant Pokemon of classics like Meowth, Marowak, and Raichu.

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon are launching for the Nintendo 3DS on November 18th in North America and November 23rd in Europe.

, , , ,

1. Nin
    Nin
    August 11, 2016 at 9:06 am

I like Team Skull. It feels like they’re what the Japanese think American gangs are except more cartoonish.

2. dogmentation
    dogmentation
    August 11, 2016 at 9:07 am

Wow, talk about Deja Vu.

3. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    August 11, 2016 at 11:33 am

LOL Team Skull looks like a bunch of wannabe whiggas but I guess they got gang aspect of their name right. However, as of right now the only new Pokemon I have an interest in is Solgaleo the others look pedestrian. Usually by now I’d have a team thought up by now but nope. Oh well, maybe some cool Pokemon will be revealed later.

Looks like that 4chan video leak was true after all.

4. chaoguy
    chaoguy
    August 11, 2016 at 12:10 pm

There’s also an English trailer up now:

You can hear what could be Team Skull’s encounter theme (while the Japanese trailer is their battle them) and shows a possible new attack by Alola Marowak- what looks like Bone Club, but with ghostly purple fire. The sound effect also indicates it was super effective against Haunter, making it more likely to be a Ghost-type move (and Haunter can have Levitate, meaning it would be immune to Ground moves).

Serebii confirmed what Innards Out (the ability of the black and pink spiked thing) does. “when this Pokémon faints, it will be able to deal one last bit of damage to its opponent, equal to the amount of HP it had left before it received the final blow.”

5. tccboss
    tccboss
    August 11, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I say I’m pretty hyped for this game.

6. Audie Bakerson
    Audie Bakerson
    August 11, 2016 at 2:52 pm

To anyone wondering, the “get up out of this port” seems like it’s just a way of keeping Team Skull’s generic tough guy dialog distinct looking.

7. Nobuoa Schniell
    Nobuoa Schniell
    August 11, 2016 at 3:05 pm

I would put money on that alternate version of Meowth being a character on the show.

8. KoriCongo
    KoriCongo
    August 11, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Team Skull do look pretty fine, and I’m impressed with the JPN trailer showcasing how much of a public menace they really are, but I’m surprised with how long it took the battle theme to warm up to me when compared to the encounter theme. Though both do make me compare the two with Jet Set Radio~!

Also, Jesus fuck, Innards Out is ridiculous. A lot of Alolan abilities seems to be countering any attempt to one-shot every Pokemon without getting massive payback. I can imagine players training these things to be massive HP tanks with zilch for defense, just for the lulz.

I’m not sure the point of Schooling, though… Seems redundant to just evolving the damn thing, unless it’s some kind of command (which I doubt it will).

9. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    August 11, 2016 at 3:45 pm

I can’t look at them now without thinking of Shia.

10. Guin
    Guin
    August 11, 2016 at 3:46 pm

The only good wigger is a dead wigger.

11. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    August 11, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Never compare Pokemon music to Jet Set Radios, the difference is night and day.

12. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    August 11, 2016 at 3:50 pm

So it’s a gang of failures that are trying to force themselves into the positions they want?

13. scemar
    scemar
    August 11, 2016 at 4:23 pm

yo respect my brutha
    they be representin
    finally a villain team that has the swag yo know what I mean
    they gonna own that hood teach them alolans who’s boss gonna make them respect us n shit
    too many teams were just goofy losers with knight costumes and eco crap and fancy suits but shit’s about to get real now gangsta style
    you ain’t seen a team this bad since team rocket busted out mewtwo

14. scemar
    scemar
    August 11, 2016 at 4:25 pm

alt Meowth looks FABULOUS AND STYLISH AF

15. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    August 11, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Only question is do you dare search for pics of it?

16. Daryl Corey
    Daryl Corey
    August 11, 2016 at 5:08 pm

I am now looking forward to this game. I was neutral now I want it just to beat up Team Skull members. Also the sea cucumber pokemon mildly amuses me

17. TsukuyomiMagi99
    TsukuyomiMagi99
    August 11, 2016 at 5:50 pm

Fights with Team Skull aren’t Pokemon battles they’re Whigga Moments.

18. Nin
    Nin
    August 11, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Speaking of which, I’m a bit surprised that there aren’t any racism or whitewashing claims yet. I guess they’re too busy with Pokemon Go.

19. Nin
    Nin
    August 11, 2016 at 7:04 pm

I miss the mafia. It might just be nostalgia, but Greenpeace and the PETA just can’t compare to Team Rocket even if I liked those two as well.

Murrican’ gansta is a close second though. Might have been first if there was “African-American representation”.

20. Jack
    Jack
    August 11, 2016 at 7:09 pm

now where have i heard that before

21. NeoSkyte
    NeoSkyte
    August 11, 2016 at 9:18 pm

I had a feeling Team Skull was based on the Shibuya gangster. You know the ones that Jet Set Radio and The World Ends with You based their design on.

22. Zombie_Barioth
    Zombie_Barioth
    August 11, 2016 at 11:37 pm

With Schooling at a certain level it can turn into the schooling form, but turns back when it’s health is low enough. So, it’ll probably be somewhat like defeatist with a power boost.

It might still evolve for all we know.

23. scemar
    scemar
    August 12, 2016 at 4:17 am

Make them black, get accused of negative stereotyping
    Make them white, it’s whitewashing

Can’t win with identity politics

24. giygas
    giygas
    August 12, 2016 at 5:38 am

In identity politics, there are no winners because everybody is a loser.

25. No_Good_Names_Ever
    No_Good_Names_Ever
    August 12, 2016 at 3:30 pm

“We won’t take your Gardevoirs away”

26. randomdude
    randomdude
    August 12, 2016 at 10:51 pm

at least team skull is a lost less cringe-worthy than team flare was

27. RetroGamer
    RetroGamer
    August 13, 2016 at 8:46 pm

0:48 Huh? What’s Kanji from Persona 4 doing in this?