Here’s the Debut Gameplay Trailer for the Prey Reboot

Bethesda Softworks has released the first gameplay trailer for their upcoming Prey reboot.

Featured above, the new gameplay was first debuted during the opening ceremony of this year’s QuakeCon.

The Arkane Studios Austin-developed game seemingly drops the bounty hunter-focused approach of Prey 2, instead seeing the entire franchise reimagined as a psychological shooter of sorts.

Prey is launching for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC sometime next year.

1. Madbrainbox
    Madbrainbox
    August 5, 2016 at 10:33 am

This has potential if they get the horror aspect right.Here’s hoping.

2. Neppers
    Neppers
    August 5, 2016 at 11:06 am

I can’t stand Bethesda’s arrogance. The story looked very interesting for the second game, but “fuck that, let’s reboot the ENTIRE THING because we know better than the original developers.”

This is the attitude that ruined Fallout.

3. DrearierSpider
    DrearierSpider
    August 5, 2016 at 11:16 am

Looks interesting enough on its own, but I don’t think I’ll ever stop being sore over the cancelled version. Plus they still haven’t put the fucking original back on Steam.

4. Master Bating
    Master Bating
    August 5, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Anything Zenimax is garbage to me

5. ProxyDoug
    ProxyDoug
    August 5, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Looks like a whole lot of nothing to me.

6. Uncle Ocelot
    Uncle Ocelot
    August 5, 2016 at 2:35 pm

I’m still a little salty over Prey 2 being canned. This might be decent though, but I’d like to see the original’s concept reemerge in some form.

7. Didney Worl
    Didney Worl
    August 5, 2016 at 3:44 pm

The game looks like a combination of Dead Space, System Shock, and Bioshock. The only thing it doesn’t look like is Prey.

8. John Smith.
    John Smith.
    August 5, 2016 at 3:59 pm

I bet ten dollars that the game released will be nothing but a massive bug ridden beta version with a day one patch in the double digit gigabytes class that doesn’t solve any bugs at all.

9. Didney Worl
    Didney Worl
    August 5, 2016 at 5:07 pm

Yeah, in all honesty, this does look like it’ll be a great game, I just wish it didn’t call itself Prey because it has literally nothing to do with it. No portals, no alien weapons, no spirit realm, not even any of the original characters.

For all the shit the Ghostbusters reboot gets (deservedly so), at least it still had ghosts, proton packs, and ghost traps.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, this is like doing a reboot of Gran Turismo, only it looked and played like Mario Kart.

10. Nocturnic Wolf
    Nocturnic Wolf
    August 7, 2016 at 12:25 am

No one gives a fuck about horror games

11. Nick Narco
    Nick Narco
    August 7, 2016 at 4:19 pm

Especially since star wars 1313 was also cancelled… sigh

12. Evropi
    Evropi
    August 7, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Also, the Prey franchise had only one other entry… also called Prey. I’m surprised they went with the name at all, I didn’t think the ‘franchise’ had that much buy-in 10 years after the release of the original.

On the bright side, you can probably accept this as its own work rather than a rubbish knockoff like Ghostbusters was.