Chase: Cold Case Investigation Heads to the Western 3DS eShop

chase-cold-case-investigations-distant-memories-656x369

Among the several announcement made in Anime Expo 2016, Aksys Games has also announced the localization of Chase: Cold Case Investigation Division – Distant Memories.

The game is a spiritual sequel of now-defunct CING games: Hotel Dusk: Room 215 and Last Window: The Secret of Cape. It features Taisuke Kanasaki as director, leading a team made of former CING employees.

Chase: Cold Case will be a 3DS eShop exclusive game and will portray detectives Shounosuke Nanase and Koto Amekura, as they solve the mysteries behind a closed case, which was reopened due to the anonymous tip of a caller, revealing the accidental explosion behind the death of a person was a murder. The game will be available this Fall.

Source: RPGsite

, , ,
Diogo Teixeira

A gamer since a young age, starting with oldies such as the IBM 386, Atari, and Commodore 64. A Portuguese guy with a tendency for snappy and witty remarks. Also harbors an obsession for adventure games.

July 3, 2016 at 6:48 pm

I still need to play hotel n window.

2. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    July 3, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Same. I finally bought Hotel Dusk so hard that I accidentally got two of them. >_>

I’ll probably get to playing Chase at some point, but it is definitely harder to get through (and get engaged with) as a non-Japanese speaker than Detective Pikachu (finished it).

3. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    July 3, 2016 at 7:12 pm

I haven’t looked very far, but Japanese reception seems to be mixed on this one so I urge people to be a little cautious even if they may be keen to express support for ex-Cing staff, more games like this and for Nintendo to bring back these people to work on Another Code + Hotel Dusk (or successors).

July 3, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Why didn’t you wait for detective pikachu to get brought over, I mean danny devito is going to voice pikachu.

5. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    July 3, 2016 at 10:49 pm

I have decent self control when it comes to duplicates (from the same region and print at least) but must have bought it with a bunch of stuff and forgot before ordering one from somewhere else.

First I heard of Jake Hunter under that name, not keen to play those localisations but it looks like there is only one. Thanks for the name drop though, how have fan translations been?

6. British_Otaku
    British_Otaku
    July 3, 2016 at 10:52 pm

It was a mix of being worried about Ninty messing up the localisation (small part), noticing that the game seemed approachable for me and not wanting to wait since I was worried it wouldn’t happen (big part).

If DeVito makes it into the dub, at least I’ll have dual audio through two versions at worst.

7. Yabloko Molloco San
    Yabloko Molloco San
    July 4, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Kyle’s asian cousin seems to be also involved in shady stuff.

8. lalorobot
    lalorobot
    July 8, 2016 at 6:15 pm

Is it just me or has part of nichegamer disappeared? The links on the right are there but they lead to nothing: